The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

2 posters

Room 3 - Raivis Galante

Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Cantidad de envíos : 87

Room 3 - Raivis Galante Empty Room 3 - Raivis Galante

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:16 pm

The shadows were staring at him again. Were they planning another attack? Raivis stared back, doing his best to anticipate their next move. There was a low growl, and the boy braced himself. This was it. Just as the demon jumped at him, Latvia curled up into a tight ball. He wanted to protect his face, his organs. The things that would really mess him up should they be damaged. Their claws were digging into his arms, prying them from their protective position around his head. “No nononono!” He screamed out, thrashing wildly as he felt the burning claws and fangs slash across his face and chest. Didn’t his parents bring him here to protect him? If so, then why are the demons still attacking him? He continued his pained screaming, but it seemed that all his struggling was for naught.

To the external eye, all that could be seen was a terrified, screaming boy scratching at his arms, face, and chest.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Cantidad de envíos : 286

Room 3 - Raivis Galante Empty Re: Room 3 - Raivis Galante

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:05 am

Another patient. Raivis Galante...schizophrenia, such a young age as well. Dr. Machodo proceeded to his new patient's room, replaying the notes he had memorized from the file in his head. He had to be careful. Delusions......shadow beings.

When he approached the room he could hear the sounds of a struggle. Something was wrong. Steeling his nerves, he opened the door. He shut it quickly and approached the boy. "Raivis! Raivis! Stop! The shadows are not here. They aren't here right now. You can stop."

He placed his hands on the boy and looked him in the eye. "Focus on me Raivis, the shadows are not here."
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:04 am

The shadows were holding him down, keeping him from fighting back. Were they going to actually kill him this time? Wait… There was a voice? He couldn’t see anyone, for the darkness was too thick, but there was someone there. He did his best to focus on that voice through the fear, pain and darkness, and soon enough the shadow began to retreat.

Breathing heavily, Raivis finally managed to look up at the man holding on to him. “W-Who are y-y-you?” He stuttered out, still shaken from the attack.. He was definitely a big guy, with dark skin and hair pulled back and out of his face. An orderly, maybe? He couldn’t remember doctors looking like that from his past experiences.

While thinking about all of this, the boy began calming down. It was a slow process, for he had to cease his sobbing. Then his hyperventilating. Then his tears and sniffles. He wasn’t even going to try to stop the tremors, but soon enough he was fairly calm again, with only the occasional hiccup escaping from him. That was good. For him, it usually took hours to stop the crying. Being in the presence of others tended to help, though. The demons didn’t like showing up when other people were around.

THERE WE GO. HAVE SOME HYSTERICAL CHILD.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 am

He was calming down, good. His voice was reaching him, breaking the delusion. At least for the moment he could try to communicate. It was his only option right now. He had to at least attempt it.

The boy shook and shivered in his grip, which was warm and comforting. "I'm Carlos. I'm a doctor here. I'm here to help you." he said calmly, a small smile on his face. "I came because I wanted to help you."

Keeping his grip on the boy, he rubbed the young one's shoulder gently. "T-thank you for calming down. It seems the shadows have retreated. While they are gone, how about we talk for a moment? Are you up to it?"
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:35 am

Shaking, Raivis raised a hand to wipe away the tears that were still steadily leaking from his eyes, smearing miniscule amounts of blood across his face in the process. The scratches streaked across his face and arms weren’t that bad, but they were just barely deep enough to break the skin and produce small amounts of blood. It stung more than it actually hurt, but the stinging was enough to keep the tears flowing.

“C-Can you r-really k-k-keep them away?” He asked, still hesitant about this new person. He didn’t know the large stranger very well, and even though his grip was gentle and meant to be comforting, Raivis still had to question it. He remembered back in grade school, one of the bigger boys did this. Acted like he was going to help and comfort Raivis, only to beat him up once he shared his sorrows. He wasn’t sure if he would ever forget that day.

The doctor was asking him a question… Was he really feeling up to talking? Well, it was better than being left alone to the mercy of the shadows. “Uh.. S-Sure. What d-d-did you want t-to talk about?” Hopefully it wouldn’t be something bad… Like trying to figure out his weaknesses so he can exploit them. Like the shadows do.

Like everyone does.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:00 am

Blood. He had hurt himself. This was not good. Not good at all. Carlos closed his eyes for a moment then looked at him again. "I am here to help. So if keeping the shadows away will help, then yes I will do that."

He smiled gently. "Thank you Raivis. I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me. Whatever you'd like to talk about. As I said I am here to help."

Gently,he led him to his bed and sat with him. He continued to comfort him gently, a calming tone emanating from him. He truly was a gentle giant. He may seem big and foreboding but inside he was a calm and comforting presence. Ever since that day his friend falsely accused him of assaulting her he had tried to work on changing people's view and increase his understanding of why it came to be common thinking. One patient at a time.
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:01 pm

All Raivis could do as he was led back to his bed was shrug. “I d-d-don’t know w-what t-to t-talk about.” He simply stated, eyes starting to close as he was lulled into a state of relaxation. Maybe he could try trusting this big doctor. He was a doctor, after all. And doctors didn’t usually hurt people. Unless he was one of those evil doctors, in which case he was doomed.

Not that he wasn’t already doomed. The shadows had already returned and were lurking in the corners of the small room, whispering horrid things to him. Their voices here always quiet, whispery even. It was a broken, rough whisper that grated on his ears. They were saying that they were going to swallow him whole, just like they did his mother.

“The sh-shadows… They s-say you’re l-lying to me.” He whispered fearfully. “…A-Are you?” So far the shadows had never lied to him. They were right when they said that his father was going to send him away. They were right when they told him that he was a weakling, just like his mother. Even though he hated and feared them more than anything, he trusted them in a twisted way. They would never leave him. Ever.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 am

Get him talking. Keep him talking. Trust could come later, right now just get him comfortable around him. He looked like a menace but he just truly wanted to help people. You could not judge a book by its cover.

"Whatever you wish to talk to me about. I am here to help you. I want to help you." he explained rubbing the boy's shoulder tenderly.

"No. I am a horrible liar. I am not going to hurt you or lie to you. If I did, I wouldn't be doing my job."

He gave a small comforting smile to the boy and sat with him. Such a fragile mind, tormented this way. It seemed unfair. So unnecessary. Fate was cruel.
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:52 am

Raivis fell silent for a moment, thinking and listening.

We need to skin you alive.
    We need to feed our mind.
    We need to feast on your soul,
    And like a snake we will consume you whole.

They did this sometimes… Whispering strange things for no apparent reason. Whispering things of death and blood and feasting and horrid things, most of them involving him. “What d-do you know about s-s-snakes?” He asked, knowing that for now nothing more than idle chatter will take place. He was much too full of fear to do anything more. Besides, the longer they talked about useless things, the longer he would be safe. That sounded good to him, even though he didn’t trust this man.

Raivis, you know your foolish little games are no use. Just lay down and let us finish it. You’ll be happier.

“On s-second thought, c-can we talk about s-s-something else?”

I am so sorry! It's been forever and the post is short. Dx
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:57 am

He was quiet. Were the voices after him? The delusions? The Cuban doctor watched carefully.

"Uh, not much. I am sorry." He started then looked as the boy wrestled with the answer.

"Anything you would like to talk about. I am up for anything." he smiled gently.

Lame, sorry.
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:30 am

Raivis flinched, feeling the shadows stroke his cheek, mockingly gentle. Unthinking, he swatted at the translucent figures. He knew doing so made him look insane, but this was how be protected himself for the most part. He paused, content that they would stop touching him, and fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

“Um… C-Could you s-start something? I’m n-not.. G-God with this s-sort of s-s-stuff.” He mumbled, barely coherent. Just then, he felt a light hand on his head, gently stroking his hair. “S-Stop that!” He snapped, swatting at the nonexistent hand.

Well, it was nonexistent to everyone else. To him, it was very, very real.

Hurrhurr it's all good.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:22 pm

"Of course. How about I tell you a little about myself? Ask me anything if you don't understand." he said with a smile. "I am Carlos Machado. I am from Cuba originally. I like baseball, cooking, dancing, and playing the trumpet."

He seemingly ignored the swatting, making a careful note of it for his charts later and continued.

"I have not been here long. I transferred here from another facility. I hope we can work well together Raivis."
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Raivis listen quietly, taking in all the information from his new doctor. Did he say trumpet? He did, didn’t he? “T-Trumpet? Could I l-listen to it s-s-sometime?” He asked, almost hesitant. He enjoyed music, even though brass instruments weren’t usually his favorite. At least it was something.

He scratched the back of his head, for no apparent reason. “S-So you’re n-new t-t-too? I g-guess that g-gives us s-something in c-common. I think.” He fell silent again, trying to figure out what to say. A question of some sort, something to keep the doctor talking. To keep him there longer, at least.

“What is it l-like in C-Cuba?”

Derp. Wrote this at school. 8U
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am

"Ah, I will see if I can play for you sometime or at least bring a recording of something I wrote. Thank you for wanting to hear me play. Not many people care for trumpet music here. Thank you Raivis."

He nodded. "Yes. I have only been here a couple of weeks so there is much about this place I am not familiar with." he explained, his insecurity clearly showing.

"Oh, it was very nice. Warm most of the year and the people are friendly and comfortable. There are beaches and some hills. I loved to go walking along the beach and listen to the street performers. Is there anything else you'd like to know?"
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Raivis blushed slightly, embarrassed. What would posses a man to thank someone for curiosity? “Y-You’re w-w-welcome.” He replied meekly, looking down at his hands. There was dried dirt and blood stuck under the nails, making them a grotesque dark brown.

“Um… C-Could you t-talk about the s-street p-performers?” He was still hesitant, not wanting to annoy this strange doctor. He had to be careful, keep him talking. Keep him there. He would be safe if there were other people with him. Being new here, he just hoped that he wouldn’t have to be alone very often. Didn’t they have things like group therapy and recess or something?
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:00 am

He watched him closely. He saw the blood on the young boy's fingers and tried to contain his emotions. He wanted so strongly to save this young one, to defeat his demons.

"Ah, of course" he replied with a smile. He took a breath, picturing the sea and the sun playing on the rough features of his face. In his mind he heard the feisty beat of the performers playing. He instinctively tapped his foot to the phantom rhythm. "My favorite group were a trio from the barrio. One would play the guitar, one would play the trumpet and sing occasionally; the last would accompany on bongos. He would sing. His voice was worn and tired sounding even though they only looked about 20 or so. They'd sing for a time, asking for donations. Everytime I saw them I'd give them a coin and ask them to play my favorite song. Each time it would sound just a little different. That's what made it special to me." he explained, the song finishing in his head.

"What kind of music do you enjoy Raivis?"
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:10 pm

A wonderful mental image of sun, music, and warmth entered Raivis’s mind. Maybe if he got better, a visit to Cuba would be in order for the boy. If he got better. He couldn’t exactly be travelling about while the demons were after him.

Once his doctor asked the question, the boy took a moment to think. He really wasn’t sure what sorts of music he liked. He liked many, in fact. “I l-like a l-lot a music, I g-guess.” He fell silent again, once again pondering. “A-Anything s-soft and c-calming, I g-guess. It helps s-sometimes.” The thoughts of sweet lyrics mixed with a soft piano filled him mind, bringing a small smile to his face. Sometimes that was all it took to calm a child’s nightmares.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:26 pm

"Soft and calm" he repeated. Yes, music would be the way in. Carlos was happy in that thought, music he loved. Music and people. The way it brought them together sometimes without words. It was a powerful force. Hopefully, it would be a way to help aide this young boy with his 'demons'

He began to hum a soft, sweet tune his mother used to sing to him when he was a child. It was a song about the moon and the waves reaching the shore. A small smile....progress was being made. Small steps of progress.
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 am

The tune his doctor was humming... It was so soft, so sweet. Raivis' eyes slowly began to droop the more he listened to it.

Maybe just this once he could take a short nap... Get a little rest before the sun set and he was left alone with the monsters. They liked the dark, it made them stronger. Their attacks were always more fierce, more painful in the night. Maybe the moon gave them strength. Maybe the sun sapped their strength.

He didn't care. He just wanted them to leave.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 pm

He was getting sleepy. At least he was comfortable enough to do so with Carlos around. He continued to hum, letting the music ease the young one's mind, if only for a moment.

Once he was asleep he'd leave the patient to see about a course of treatment.
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 pm

His mind made up, Raivis finally mumbled something about being sleepy. The words were barely discernible, but considering the fact that he was already laying down on the cot and pulling the thin blanket over his small form made his meaning quite obvious. He curled into a small ball, facing away from his doctor. Not that he meant to be rude or anything. The boy simply found sleep easier to find if he was facing the wall.

It didn't take long until his breathing evened out, showing that he had fallen deep into dreamland.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 pm

He was sleepy. As he curled up and wrapped his blanket around his thin form he smiled. Hopefully, his dreams would be sweet. A hint of worry appeared on the doctor's face as he signaled for the door to be opened.

Stepping out into the hallway he walked back to his office, feverishly writing notes he had gathered from their meeting. He would help this boy.

----

The next morning he sat in the staff lounge, gently tapping his note pad and thinking, his coffee slowly going cold. How would he go about this next session? What could he do? He had to think of something.
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 am

Raivis bolted awake the next morning, drenched in sweat and panting heavily. That dream had not been pleasant. Not at all. He had been with his mother, smiling and laughing in a bright meadow. It didn't take long until the flowers turned into tar and his mother was a skeleton, purple lights shining from her empty eye sockets. He had been drowning as she smiled down at him...

He shook the thought out of his head, choosing to stare blankly at the wall instead. Hopefully he would be let out for food or showers soon. Before the monsters woke up and decided it was time to start his daily torment.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 am

Carlos's stomach rumbled and he thought of something. Something they could bond over. He gathered his notepad and jammed in his coat as he left the staff room. He marched down the hall with a sense of purpose, flashing his ID for the upteenth time as he stood infront of the patients door.

"Raivis? Are you awake? I thought we could have breakfast and take a walk together."
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    Raivis Galante/Latvia
    The Whiney Kid
    The Whiney Kid

Post by Raivis Galante/Latvia Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 am

Raivis slid off his bed at the sound of his doctor's voice. "S-Sure." He called out, making his way to the door to wait for it to be opened. It would be nice to walk around for a little bit, especially if it was in the company of someone else. He almost smiled at the thought of being safe for a little longer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 am