The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

3 posters

Glee Club~

Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Cantidad de envíos : 286

Glee Club~ Empty Glee Club~

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 pm

A soulful trumpet solo wafted from the choir room at the end of the hallway. One could hardly believe it as they walked by. For months the room had sat empty, unused sans for the occasional band geeks making out. It had all changed when Carlos Machado started here. He had happened on the room one lazy Tuesday afternoon, looking for a place to practice his playing. Haven been kicked out by the orchestra instructor he wandered until he came to this place, his oasis.

Finishing his song he set his horn down and sat back in his chair.
    ‘Suppose I should work on grading those papers’ he thought. He glanced at the desk in the corner, his briefcase full of last week’s Spanish quizzes. Casually, he walked over opening the case and pulling out the pages. He stared at the answers, checking off errors and circling grades. Today was the first day of his new club, Music Appreciation……a Glee club of sorts. A place where kids could sing, dance, and improve on both if need be. So far, it just had been him sitting alone with his trumpet. Not an ideal situation.

He jammed his hand into his pocket, fingering the cigarillo inside it. He so wanted to light up and let his worries drift away with the smoke but he remembered……school grounds and smoking didn’t mix. He sighed heavily and muttered to himself. Just another hour.
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Cantidad de envíos : 310

Glee Club~ Empty Re: Glee Club~

Post by Alfred Jones/America Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Alfred Jones dashed down the hallway, running as fast as he could to the choir room. Glee Club...he could barely believe it~! He'd always wanted to be part of such a club, having a great love of singing himself. He darted down the halls, rushing past the classrooms before finally stopping at the doors to the room. He let himself rest for a bit, taking a few deep breathes of much needed air before sliding into the choir room and greeting the teacher there. "Hey there Mr. Machado~ You head of Glee Club? If so I sooooo want in!" He grinned brightly as he said this, feeling the smile from ear to ear.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:46 am

Him. Of all the students in this school, it was him. Alfred Jones. Carlos had only been here a few weeks and he usually kept an open mind but this student, this particular student he wanted to punt. His loud and arrogant style,overly confident attitude; it just rubbed him the wrong way. And try as he might the kid could not roll his r's to save his life.

He remembered a time in class, getting him to read a passage out of the text was like trying to teach a slug how to tap dance. As soon as the bell rang and assignments were given he was outside in the smoking area, lighting up an extra cigarillo. Slowly, he let the smoke exhale from his nostrils, easing his stress, taking the edge off.

And here he was wanting to join his new club. Could he even sing? Dance? An instrument? He steeled his nerves and answered.
    "Si, I am the Director of the Glee Club." he said with a calm expression. "If you wish to join, please sign up here."
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Post by Alfred Jones/America Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:49 am

Alfred happily walked over with a spring in his step, he refused to call it skipping because men don't skip, at least the straight ones don't and he was straight! 'Cause fags we're completly discusting and stuff. He swore the next person to say he was only saying that because he was in denial was going to get more than just a punch in the face...but anyway that was besides the point. Right now he was just going to join the Glee Club, that was fine, wasn't it? Nothing gay about singing, right? And he sung like a MAN...tottally...

He walked up to the teacher and signed up, sending the man a bright grin. "When does it start?"

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:31 am

As the boy walked the halls he glanced at every room number that he passed by. Recently his apartment complex somehow got annoyed at his constantly practicing and ordered him to stop under the threat of conviction. It confused him, because it wasn't as if he was a bad player. Obviously there were things that needed to be better, but that's how it always is in music. There's always spots to improve. Now that he was thinking back, he DID remember being told that some of the other tenants had different sleeping patterns than him and needed their rest, but he wasn't going to let something small like that interrupt his practice time.

Which brings him to the present. He needed somewhere to practice, preferably for a very long time. I mean since he's taking both band and orchestra, you'd think they'd at least have somewhere to practice. "Ah, here it is 'choir room'. This should be good enough for me. Hm?" He heard two people talking inside? He expected other musicians to be in there sure, but why would they waste all their time talking?

Roderich opened the door as a certain phrase fell upon his ears. "Glee Club? What's that supposed to be..?"

Last edited by Roderich E./Austria on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:09 pm

He sighed. He shouldn't complain. He was the first one to actually show an interest in the club. No need to scare him off so soon. Give him the benefit of the doubt. At least for now.

"It started an hour ago. I've been sitting here waiting for people to show up. Working on a few papers to pass the time. But now tha-"

He was cut short by the entrance of the other student. He remembered him, such a talent. Perfect for the club.

"Ah welcome!" he said greeting the boy. "Its more of a show choir and performance group. We play music and sing. Sometimes we compete against other groups. Come on in and I shall explain further."

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:18 am

A show choir and performance group that competes? That sounded interesting, and he was never opposed to adding more time into the music groups. Albeit this wasn't exactly what he was looking for, but he'd at least see what they had to offer. After all it's not like the club consists only of those two people over there right?

The student stepped into the room and sat down on one of the scattered chairs set about the room. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of performances they do. He noticed a case he assumed belonged to a trumpet, but nothing else. Maybe one of the others sang..?

Keeping this in mind, he turned to the older man and decided to inquire for information."So, what kind of competitions does this group do? And how many people do you have so far?" Maybe he should join this.
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Post by Alfred Jones/America Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Alfred watched as a guy with glasses came in to the room, he looked familiar. Wasn't he the guy who was always playing music? Rodditch? Rodmitch? Rodsnitch? Eh...he'd just call him Roddy then! He listened to the guy speak to Mr. Machado as he went and sat down on a chair he suddenly saw. Was this guy going to join too? He guessed that'd be cool, after all, he'd heard him play before. Roddy was good. Very good. Insanly good. Hell, it'd actually be awesome if he joined!

He listened as he asked the teacher more questions. Questions he'd like to hear answered. So he sat there quietly, tapping his feet every so often as he did so. He had a song caught in his head. A horribly girly and catchy song and it wouldn't leave him alone. He kinda wanted to sing it but that would be beyond embarassing.

But...it wouldn't leave him alone and he could already hear himself humming it softly. Great...
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:47 am

"Excellent questions Roderich. We compete against other school's show choirs our first major competition is Sectionals. We sing songs and possibly incorporate dance and movement to them. I was hoping for a larger turnout. We need a few more members before we are eligible to enter the competitions. I am sure we can convince some others to join."

He smiled sheepishly then turned on a more genuine grin. "We have you and Alfred so far. If you wish to join that is."

He turned his head to scold Alfred. Already the music was beginning to affect him. Best to see what he could do. "Care to belt out a few bars Mr. Jones? See if your singing is better than your Spanish. Roderich? Care to accompany him?"

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:22 am

So this group was a show choir? Well that was definitely new. He knew piano, some percussion, and a select wind instruments, however singing was not one of his talents. The only thing good about it (at least as far as he knew) was that it would always be in tune, since that' all he used it for. He wasn't sure about anything else.

For this reason, he hoped that other people would join and save him from singing, because it certainly looked as though he would be joining this group. It also looked as though the other boy here was humming something, and now the teacher was saying something to him.

"Excuse me?" Roderich turned his head and said this with the intention of making sure Mr. Machado said what he thought he said. The way it was worded made it sound as though he wanted him to sing as well. After a pause of thinking about things, he decided to at least start, and to get started, Roderich walked over the classroom piano and sat down on the bench. From what was being hummed, it sounded like a song he'd heard before, one he knew the part to. Thanks being from the requests his girlfriend had asked him to learn for gatherings or parties.

"I'm afraid, out of all the things I do with music, singing is not among them. I'm not sure how good this will be, but if you still want me to try it with him, I will." With that said, he started running the song through his head, and waited for his answer.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:19 am

"Ah, sorry. English is not my first language. I meant would you care to play alongside Alfred. If you wish to sing, please do so, but I'm more interested to see if you can keep up with different musical styles and compositions."

He rubbed the back of his head in a bit of embarrassment. This was not going well. Best to make the best of it and hope by next meeting he could encourage some more people to join up. "Now Alfred, what's the first part of the song again?"
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Post by Alfred Jones/America Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Alfred went bright red as the other two caught him humming. Shit. This was sooo embarrasing! He'd been caught humming god damn RIHANNA! A bloody girl and it was a song about cheating too...from the point of view of a girl...that was so fricken GAY of him. And now he was being asked to SING that song. He felt he could just die right there on the spot. But the head of the club had asked him to sing, so as embarrasing as it was he was going to have to sing it now. He shakily stood up, knowing that when one sang, you sounded better if you did it while standing. He took a few deep breaths and turned to face Mr. Machado.

"The song is 'Unfaithful' by Rihanna...do you know it Roddy?" He looked at the floor as he said. Well, it could of been a lot worse he thought. He could of started humming something from Lady Gaga or Katy Perry...

It was hard to think of a good main stream girl song that had piano in it ^^;

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Alright, so he was to accompany him on the piano. That was easy enough. Roderich turned to the boy he heard being called Alfred. "Unfaithful? Yes, I know that one. Try not to be too tense though." With that he turned back to the piano with the song fresh in his mind.

While putting his hands on the piano he briefly thought So he was the singer I was thinking about. And then his hands moved and the quiet melody started to play out.
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Post by Alfred Jones/America Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Alfred took a few more deep, calming breaths before finally starting to sing. When he had first started to sing his voice had surprised him. Sure, his voice wasn't normally the most manliest one around but it was definatly a guy's! But when he sang...well, it was certainly hard to recognise him just by listening. He sounded a whole lot higher when he sang, a lot softer too, yet he was able to project his voice quiet well.

Also to many peoples surprise, he really wasn't a bad singer. He'd even had a few people tell him that he was very good but none of them were into music so he never knew if they were accurate or not.

He continued to sing through out the song, gaining confidence as he went along. He managed to hit all the notes and keep in tune the entire time and even if he didn't think so, it sounded wonderful, for singing was something he truely had a talent for...even if he WAS a soprano.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:50 am

As expected Roderich performed expertly. His tone and vigor was perfect and he kept in time as if a metronome perfectly played in his mind. He would be perfect for the club, perhaps when people found out he joined he could attract a few more members and band mates.

What really surprised Carlos was Alfred. Who knew this spastic and overly energetic boy could actually focus and be talented? His voice was a little raw but with proper training he could easily lead a group in a performance. It was a start.

At the conclusion of the song, the burly man clapped his hands. "Excellent you two, excellent. I think both of you sound well together. Once we get more members I think this club will be a rousing success."

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Roderich lifted his hands of the keys. So this was the kind of group he was getting himself into. They were small, but they seemed talented. That's more than he could say about some of the more larger groups. He'd decided. He'd stay with this group, and maybe he could get some of his other band mates or orchestra partners to join.

"Thank you Mr. Machado. I'll try to convince some of the people in the orchestra and band programs." Roderich got off of his piano seat and turned to the singer. "That was good. I believe you were called Alfred? My name is Roderich, it's nice to meet you."
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Post by Alfred Jones/America Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Oh RODERICH! That's what his name was. He had been close then. But it sounded like a mouthful to say and Roddy was reeeeeally fun to say so he decided to stick with it for now. "Nice ta meet cha too Roddy~!" He gave the man his trademark grin before turning back to the teacher. He said he was excellent....EXCELLENT! That meant Alfred really was good at singing after all. That was a bit of a relief. At least he had joined the club with some talant in the area.

Still, he'd heard himself sing and was annoyed with how, well, girly it sounded. He was blessed with the ability to sing but unfortunatly he was cursed with that ability to sing...like a girl.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Yong Soo bounded down the empty corridor, a spring in his step and a grin on his face. He was keeping his eye out for the choir room; he had heard the in-the-closet American boy talking about a Glee Club or something, and seeing as how Yong Soo had a love for the music of his homeland, South Korea, he figured it couldn’t hurt to give it a go, right? And who knows, it could be a lot of fun!

When he eventually reached the choir room, he stopped to pull the blaring headphones off his ears and kept them round his neck. He smiled to himself and opened the door. As expected, there was the American, and the Austrian who was renowned throughout the school for being very talented when it came to music, and Mr. Machado, his Spanish teacher. He must run the club.

Yong Soo beamed at them all and began to speak, “Yo~! The name’s Im Yong Soo!” He practically yells at them, striding into the room as he spoke, “I heard about your Glee Club thing, and seeing as I’m so totally amazing at everything, I figured I’d join!” Yong Soo made his way over to Mr. Machado, holding out his hand. “You won’t regret letting me join, Sir~!”
    lol hai :'D Korea's gonna make you all dance to SNSD, btw. >D

Last edited by Im Yong Soo/South Korea on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:11 am

He came in like a force of nature, music blaring and a bright expression. "Ah Buenos Tardes Yong Soo. So you've heard of the club as well. I would like very much if you joined. Care to sing or play for us? So we can see where your strengths are."

Yong Soo.....he had to search a bit to find him in his memories. Oh yes! That overly excitable boy who insisted Korean was the basis for Spanish. That was an exasperating day. He took his hand and shook it. "I'm sure I won't. Roderich, care to try another song?"

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:20 am

Who was this? It seems his name was Yong, but he didn't know him very well. At the very least it sure seemed easier to recruit people to the club than he first thought. From what he could tell with the bursting headphones, he must really like music.

"I wouldn't mind trying another piece. Alfred, do you want to sing again? You can pick the piece, since it's you voice." The musician then turned to Yong. "I hope you don't mind us showing you us performing. Unless you want to join us?" Roderich sat on his piano bench and waited for his answers from his questions.
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Post by Alfred Jones/America Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:09 am

Alfred spun around as he heard to Korean boy enter. Oh, it was Yong! He remembered saying something about it to him when he'd been asking the guy if he had any Super Junior cd's. He really liked that band. It seemed he wanted to join...which would be great for the club. They really needed more members. He wondered vaguagly if the other sung, danced or played something? Either way it was good to have him here, even if he had questioned his sexuality once or twice.

Alfred heard Roddy say something to him. He wanted him to sing again? To show Yong how they performed? That sounded okay, he guessed. He had been told he had done well, after all. "Singing again sounds good~! Hm...well...if it's just us I wanna sing 'All The Things She Said' by Tatu...but if Yong's joining in then maybe something Korean that we both know?"

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:15 pm

The second Yong heard Alfred suggest his beloved Korean music; he grinned from ear to ear and pulled out MP3 player from his pocket, pressing excitedly on the buttons, trying to find the best song to play.

“Ooh! How about something from SHINee? Or-or Super Junior, or Girls’ Generation if you wanna do something more feminine~?” Yong said frantically, bouncing on the spot, his eyes wide in excitement. “I can dance, too, if you wanna see that!”

Calming himself down, he turned to Alfred and smiled. “What d’ya wanna do, then~? I don’t mind what we do, I love them all!” He chuckled and looked back down at his MP3, deciding on which song to pick.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Another lively character. This club would not be short on vigor. Such enthusiasm, you could not buy that. He wanted this club to be successful, even if they did not perform in competition, at least they could come together and make music together.

Shin what? Girls who? What bands were these? Admittedly, the man knew most of jazz, mambo and Latin music but he was familiar with some American pop music and some rap. This would be an experience.

"I would love to see what dances you can do. I know a little Mambo and Salsa, we can mish mash them together with your pop."

Dance, perfect. He had the ground work, a talented musician, a developing voice, and a dancer with boundless energy. He felt a swell of pride. He could do this. This would be a success.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:02 am

He had to admit he didn't know any of the bands the underclassman mentioned. But then, he didn't know a lot of bands since all he listened to was classical music. When Roderich heard Yong talk about dancing he thought back to purpose of the club. Yes, Mr. Machado did say the club had dancing involved, so now he was actually quite interested to see what he could do.

"Yong, what kind of dances do you do? I know some, but I'm guessing yours is a completely different style. Can you show me?" The only dances he knew were the ones danced to instrumental music. Scratching out techno of course. He'd heard that the dances to pop were interesting, so he was curious to see what it was like.
    Alfred Jones/America
    Alfred Jones/America
    Hamburger Hero
    Hamburger Hero

Post by Alfred Jones/America Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 am

Alfred thought hard as Yong listed a few K-pop bands. Oh! Super Junior, he knew that one. SHINee he'd heard of but knew none of their music and Girls Generation sounded awfully familiar...oh right, he knew them as SNSD. Well he guessed he'd go with the last one, seeing as how the Korean boy wanted to dance and seeing him do a SNSD dance would be amusing. "The last one...Girls Generation. I wanna see you do one of their dances~!" He gave Yong a bright grin as he said that, having a feeling that the other would know all their dances off by heart.

He stretched a little and reached down into his school bag, pulling out a Captian America drink bottle and taking a few swigs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:53 am