The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

2 posters

Memories and rum (Spain only please)

Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Cantidad de envíos : 286

Memories and rum (Spain only please) Empty Memories and rum (Spain only please)

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 pm

It had been so long since he had seen Antonio. Last time he saw the messy haired nation he was merely a colony, trying to figure out his place in the world. Times had changed, Carlos was a nation now in his own right. He had friends, enemies, a history of his own.

But he could not forget the history that they shared. He taught him language, he gave him the basis of his style. A style that he cultivated into something new and unique. He laughed and took a puff from his cigar. He shielded his eyes from the sun, letting the warm breeze catch his tropical printed shirt and flap around his bulky body.

What a day he had plan, a grand tour of his place followed by a little drinking and maybe some dancing. The nation loved music and he loved the vibrancy of the people when they reveled to the beat. He tapped his foot and waited a bit more.
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Little children are more supple

Cantidad de envíos : 193

Memories and rum (Spain only please) Empty Re: Memories and rum (Spain only please)

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:29 am

Antonio finally arrived the airplane of La Habana. He was glad to be on terra firma again after the long air flight and he looked forward to meet his little brother after that long time. But when he walked along the streets to get to their arranged venue, a small café in the center of Havana, he noticed, that several things had changed after the last meeting. Many things looked like his home in Spain. Here were also many cheerful people all over the streets. But it was more tropical. And although Cuba had certain financial problems there were so many attractive sights to find here. The Spaniard was full of enthusiasm and was curious about what Carlos had to tell him. He wanted to see everything of Cuba and looked forward to the grand tour, Carlos promised him.

He arrived the café. Fortunatelly the Cuban drew him a little map how to find it otherwise he wouldn't find anything here. The café looked really pretty. Everyone sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
    Everyone?
    Antonio just saw two old women talking and drinking some coffee, and a bulky man with an Afro hairdo bounded together to a plait. He had a cigar in his mouth and looked up to the blue sky to enjoy the warm sun.
    But no Carlos. Maybe he was late?
    Or... perhaps... no that couldn't be! Was the man in front of him...?
    Carefully he tapped the mans' shoulder and waited on a reaction.

____________________________________________________________________________
    Hope, this is good enough ;u;"
    Sorry for my bad english ;u;"" Please correct me if something is wrong! >.<
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Memories and rum (Spain only please) Empty Re: Memories and rum (Spain only please)

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:50 am

There was a reason he had asked Antonio to meet him here. This cafe was one of his favorite places to come in Central Havana, the cafe con leche was simply superb and the view of the streets magnificent. For a moment one could lose themselves in the classic beauty of this place. Carlos sighed, the weight of being a nation was a heavy one. His being tied to the livelihood of the land. His island, himself.

His thoughts were broken by the tap on his shoulder. He turned around. "Perdon?" he asked then nearly dropped his cigar. "Antonio! Mi Hermano! It is good to see you!" he exclaimed a bright smile on his face. He hugged the other warmly. "Thank you for accepting my invitation. I missed you Antonio."

Slowly he pulled away and sighed. "I have grown up haven't I?" he asked "Not the little Carlito you remember neh?"

Its good! I like it so far! Let us have fun with this!
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm

He really was it! Hard to believe. With a cheerful smile Antonio hugged back his big friend.

"Buhyooo~ We haven't met for so many years! I can't believe what has become of the little innocent boy from earlier. You really changed. You're a real man, now!"

Carlos truly has grown up. He was bigger and his skin looked darker. His arms and legs got more muscular and... hairier.
    The Spaniard sat down on a chair next to Carlos and looked at the menu.

"Can you recommend a good coffee to me?"

Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Carlos remembered Antonio as so much bigger, he remembered how talk and strong the other looked back then. My, times had truly changed. He could look him in the eye. He could practically pick him up and fling him over his shoulder to carry him off. He chuckled at the thought.

"Si! I have seen you at meetings but we never had a chance to talk one on one." he explained smiling. "A real man, yes, and I must thank you for that Antonio. I must..."

Sitting down, he tilted his head, the breeze caressing his cheek as he opened the menu. He knew exactly what to order.

"Yes! I can. Café Cubano is good for jetlag. You must be tired from your flight and we have much to see today."

Thank you for replying again! Its great!
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

"I've already slept in the plane, so I'm not that tired. But thanks." he said smilingly.

The waiter appeared quickly and Antonio ordered the said Café Cubano. Then he turned back to Carlos.

"So, what are you going to show me, today? I wanna see everything of that beautiful island country. I can hardly wait!"

Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:26 pm

He clapped his hand in approval. "Excellent,we have a full day and I want you to be ready."

He motioned to the waitress for a Café Cubano for himself. He loved the sweet, smooth flavor of the coffee, full of vigor, and when properly made, excellent for conversing with friends...and family.

He thought for a moment. "I have many things planned, The Malecón is perfect this time of day. The ocean is magnificent against the cityline. After a short walk there, we move to Habana Vieja, you should remember that. A lot of its buildings are based on your home. If we have time, we should go to El Capitolio. Then I must show you to my favorite music hall for a little rum and dancing"

The waitress brought their drinks and Carlos sipped his with gusto. "Ah....perfecto...." he remarked on the drink. "And that is just today. Tomorrow, the tobacco farms and cigar factories."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Havana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malec%C3%B3n,_Havana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Capitolio

(its okay! I like it~)
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Quickly the Spaniard drank the café. For excitement he couldn't really relish it, because he wanted to decamp as fast as possible.

"I'd like to store away my bag first, then we can go!"

He lifted up his crammed bag and showed it the Cuban.

"I've brought some trifles from Spain. Wait..."

Antonio unzipped his bag and burrowed into it. After a while he pried a package of home-baked churros, a figure of the Sagrada Familia Church and a bottle of wine.

Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:25 am

"Ah yes, my apologies. We'll drop your things at mi casa and head out. The water is very relaxing and we can reminiscence about the old days."

Finishing his drink as the other rummaged through his bag he thought how much had never really changed. That absentmindedness. The friendly ease about him. Antonio would always be Antonio.

Seeing the items he grinned. "Excellente! What a lovely collection of items. Thank you for bringing them." He was most excited by the wine. Last time Spain had brought some he was far too little to try some. How anxious he was to try it now.

Standing up from the table,he offered his hand. "Let me carry that for you Hermano."
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:50 am

"¡Muchas gracias!"

Just one sip of café and Antonio was ready to go. He stood up and gave Carlos his bag. He only wanted to pay the waiter...

"Oh... Lo siento, I forgot to change my money. I have just euros in my wallet. Uhm... Would you pay me the café? I'll give it back to you. Promise!"
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 pm

"De Nada Hermano" He replied smiling happily taking the bag on his large shoulder.

"No problema....I know the manager of this place. Its been taken care of." he explained,gesturing to a middle aged man standing behind the counter. He waved at him and nodded.

"So, its just a short walk to my place. I prepared a room for you. I hope you like it."
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:33 pm

"Gacias, that's really nice of you."

Slowly Carlos went out of the café, and Antonio followed him. His house really was just round the corner and it took only a few minutes to get there, but this short time was like a little adventure for him.
    It was hard to keep in step with Carlos, because the Spaniard couldn't avert his gaze of all the big bright houses with their beautiful balconies, that remembered of his own home, the lively streets and the huge amount of antique cars from the 40s and 50s and... simply Cuba's fascinating panorama.
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:56 am

"Its no trouble. You are mi hermano Antonio,and we take care of family here." he replied casually as they walked. He smiled as Antonio admired the scenery. It was his home, his nation. He couldn't help but be proud.

He opened the door of his house and the warm spanish flair instantly invited them in. "Your room is upstairs to the left. I'll set your bags there. Washroom is across from the kitchen."
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Nearly he passed Carlos' house, but at the last moment Antonio saw the tall Cuban entering his dooryard. It looked very beautiful and the bushes and hedges were kept immaculate. In front of the porch there were a little, cozy bench. Certainly Carlos often sat on it to get a breath of fresh air. The big, adorable house lies at a nice and quiet street. The windows were closed with shutters, so that the hot sun couldn't enter it. And here, too, was a gorgeous balkony, that ran around half the house.

Opposite his little brother he entered the door and looked around with curiosity.

"Buyooooh, what a nice living-room~!"

Despite all the old and different patterned furniture it looked really comfortable, there. Small, wooden stairs went to the upper floor. The Spaniard would love to see his room already, but they had to hurry to see as much as possible of Cuba before the sun has set.

Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:43 am

It was a modest home, nothing too special, but he cherished it. To the neighborhood he was simply Carlos Machado, a gregarious fellow from outside Havana. He had moved in a few years ago, fixing it up as he went, the feeling shifting from stale and uninhabited to warm and inviting. He loved it here now, drinking a beer at the end of a long day, its shutters beckoning him home when he came from world conferences.

"Take a moment to wash up if you want" he said coming back downstairs "But I want to get to Havana Vieja before it gets dark. I'm making Arroz con Pollo tonight. My specialty."
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:56 am

Antonio looked out of a window. It was already afternoon but they had still enough time to visit the old town of Havana. The Spaniard badly wanted to see it even today.

"Then let's go, Carlos! I'm ready!" he said impatiently.

Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:08 am

"Then lets be off!" he exclaimed pulling the smaller nation out the door. He briskly walked with him down the quiet streets onto a more lively boulevard. Beautiful women, grizzled men, children, and everyone in between could be seen. Modern life dotted with time frozen in history could be seen everywhere.

Soon enough they arrived at Havana Vieja. Suddenly Carlos felt small. He remembered when it was first built. He was so small then, barely a nation. My how times have changed. The strong Spanish influences always did this to him.

"Remember this place Antonio?"

Its okay!
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:20 pm

After a while walking through the historic city they suddenly stood in the middle of Plaza de Armas, the oldest place of Havana.

Everything looked artfully decorated with flowers, bushes and a big fountain in the middle, together with a statue of the national hero Carlos Manuel de Céspedes, who began 1868 the struggle for independence against the spanish colonial power. All around the plaza there were shops, like the bank and the post office, or cafés and restaurants and also discos, which opened soon.

Antonio went over the Palacio de los Capitanes Generales. Earlier this palace was the office of the spanish officials. Now the Museo de la Ciudad is located there.
    At the northwest corner of the Plaza, there was the baroque Palacio del Segundo Cabo. Originally it was the head quarter of the spanish vice-governor.
    There was also the Castillo de la Real Fuerza, the oldest fortress of whole cuba, that went for holding of court of the governors. All that awoke many memories of Antonio.

"Sí, Many things look like then. And because of your hard work it got even more beautiful!" he said and smiled at Carlos cheerfully.

"Oh, Someone sells postcards, there. Then I can send Ita-Chan and Lovino greetings."

He pointed at a small stall and ran square to it. It wasn't long before he found 3 pretty postcards.

"The third is for me as a reminder."

He put it into his bag and turned to Carlos again.

"So, where to go now?" he grinned.

________________________________________________________________________________
    Too much... information about Cuba.... "OTL
    Correct me, please, if something is wrong >3<)/) ~

Last edited by Antonio Carriedo / Spain on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:13 am

The larger nation blushed and sheepishly rubbed his head in embarrassment. Antonio always knew just what to say to make him feel warm inside. He felt proud showing him these places. These places they built together, even as they drifted apart he still knew they would always be together in some aspect. Whether it be language, art, history. Bonds that could never be broken.

"The Malecón" he replied. "Since we are near the fortress and the harbor. We can get a drink or some ice cream and watch the ocean and talk like we used to. I miss our talks."

He smiled at the older nation, his heavy set eyes gleaming. This would be a good day.

So much info! Its great! Thanks!!!!!!
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 am

It wasn't a long way from Plaza de armas to Malecón. They just had to went down a street and they could see the ocean.
    Many Cubans walked along the sea wall to enjoy the evening. The darker it got, the brighter the bars and clubs shined, in the street.

The Spaniard ran up to the wall and leaned agains it. From here you couldn't see the sun set, but the sky reflected on the water and colored it in a beautiful red. It looked so romantic. No wonder, that many teenagers came here at this time.

"Awww~ it's so nice here~ I'd love nothing better than staying here for the next hours just to enjoy the sea breeze and the sound of the waves... But it's late, so let's go to a bar. One from where you can see the sea would be nice."

Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Carlos loved it here. Any time of the day, it was just perfect. Early morning when the sunlight began to peak over the water. Afternoon when it teamed with life and now evening when the light began to fade and became a spot of romance. Passion. Passion was an integral part of Latin culture, it drove them, it gave it life. He was glad to have received it from Antonio.

"Si, si. I know the perfect place. A spot near the water called Famosa. Its got a patio that has an excellent view of the water. And the drinks are pretty good. I could go for a rum and coke.....or would you like a mojito? They were invented here on my island. Its my most famous drink."
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Tue May 03, 2011 12:34 pm

The bar was just a couple of steps away. The ruinous houses, along the coast, revealed the destitution of this island. However, the old buildings from the 60s were something very special.

Also the bar, they were arriving, exceeded its expiration date, long ago. Nonetheless it was well-attended at this time. The small sheltered patio was decorated with colorfull little lights, which twined up the tall pillars. Candles adorned the wooden tables. It looked kinda pretty. Antonio took a seat on the edge of the patio, so that he could watch the sea better.

"You said 'Mojito', right? I really would like to taste it!" he smiled at the Cuban, before he could thrust the carte into his hand.

Sorry sorry sorry >^<"
    *hug* ;w; <3
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Fri May 06, 2011 3:18 pm

"Then mojitos we shall have. They make them well here,very very good." he said joining his older brother at the table. He lit up a cigarillo and sighed, the sweet smoke filtering from his nose.

This place, old but warm. He felt comforted here. Like he belonged here. He signaled for drinks and when the pleasant looking waiter came up to them he ordered. "Two Mojitos and an order of plantain chips."

The waiter nodded and departed to the kitchen and bar. Carlos turned back to his 'brother' who was watching the ocean. "Having a good time?"
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain
    Antonio Carriedo / Spain

Post by Antonio Carriedo / Spain Tue May 10, 2011 12:32 pm

The Spaniard could't avert his gaze of this beautiful panorama. Dreamy he looked at the gleaming sea. Despite the lively street it was very nice and harmonic, there. Without moving his eyes he turned his head in the direction of Carlos.

"Hm? Oh. Sí, it's really wonderful, here."

Then he turned entirely to his brother and smiled at him, cheerfully.

"I've seen a lot of Habana, today. The old buildings and sights awoke a lot of memories. I'm really curious about tomorrow!"

Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Carlos Machado/Cuba
    Mambo Cubano
    Mambo Cubano

Post by Carlos Machado/Cuba Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:53 am

The large nation chuckled then puffed on cigar. Oh he had missed this lively energy, when he walked here with Matthew it was with a tense nervous feeling that a certain pushy spectacled nation would appear and sabotage his carefully laid out plans.

"Tomorrow, its the beach and maybe a tour of cigar shops around town, only the best for my brother."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:04 am