The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

2 posters

And with the next step comes...?

Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Cantidad de envíos : 357

And with the next step comes...? - Page 3 Empty Re: And with the next step comes...?

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:25 am

Katyusha's frown became laced with even more worry after Matthew's coughing spell. This wasn't just nothing, no way. She may have been a bit naive, but she wasn't stupid. Although, she'd never say that outloud - that was far too rude! She couldn't possibily speak to someone, let alone Matthew, that way. She would feel to horrible about it afterwards.
    ...But that wasn't the point.
    So, he'd had it for a couple days already? But why was he going to class in that state? Stress and illness don't exactly go hand in hand. Why would he do that to himself if he knew how badly off he was? Even if it was just a cold...
    "N-No, I'm not. I'm house-sitting for a friend of mine over the break..." She answered his question, but she wasn't really very focused on it. The worry on the inside was becoming painfully obvious, even though was trying not to over-react. She knew she was a worry-wart, and that Matthew was perfectly capable of taking care of himself.
    But...seeing him like this...she just couldn't help but fret.
    Then, out of the blue, an idea came to her, although she hesitated in asking it. The break was their chance for more time together and even if he was sick...maybe she could do something for him? "Um...M-Matvey? Would...would you like to stay with me?" A fierce blush rose on her cheeks when she realized the possible meaning behind her words. "I-I mean, t-to take care of you! N-Not like---Y-You don't have to but...um...I-I'm sorry, I never should've mentioned it." It had SEEMED like a pretty good idea in her head, but now that she'd actually asked, she was chickening out. Was this too forward, too soon? Would he mind? What if he took it the wrong way? Would that make him mad? Confused?
    Too many questions. Way too many questions.

Tada? >u<;;
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Cantidad de envíos : 290

And with the next step comes...? - Page 3 Empty Re: And with the next step comes...?

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:23 am

W-…w-what…?
    With all the blood flooding to his face Matthew was surprised he didn’t pass out from the head rush alone.
    Stay with her…? A-alone together in a house…?
    The inquiry has surprised him into a stupor. One second he was getting “The Look”, know Katyusha wasn’t buying his brush off one single bit, and now he was facing the opportunity to have the holidays all to themselves, just the two of them.
    Getting a little ahead of yourself aren’t you there buddy? She might just mean for dinner, or just for one night.
    One night?
    Even the idea of just a solitary night with Katyusha sent his blood pounding through his veins- which really wasn’t helping the pounding in his head. They'd hadn't pushed that line as a couple yet, but it was a good sign right? Katyusha trusted him enough to know he wouldn't try anything? Matthew pulled up the edge of his scarf higher over his nose, blushing furiously though it probably looked like his fever was growing worse. But now he had a dilemma.
    What did he say?
    If he answered yes, would Katyusha think he was just looking for some? And if he said no would she then assume he wanted space or wasn’t as serious in their relationship as she was? Maybe this was all some evil no-right-answer test that girls like to use, like ‘Do I look fat in this?’ or ‘Do you think that girl’s pretty?’.
    What’s the right answer?! Matthew swallowed nervously. Katyusha wouldn’t do that to him would she? She wasn’t the vindictive type…
    …unless he did something wrong and this was her way of making him remember without pointing it out!
    WHAT DID HE DO?!
    She was too polite to bluntly tell him. What did he do?! Did he say something insensitive? He hadn’t meant to! Whatever it was! He was sorry!
    “O-oh, you’re house sitting…?” Matthew let out short, rough crack of anxious laughter, shuffling his feet. He had no experience with this!
    … But the idea of actually having that picturesque Christmas, the two of them, come true was something he dearly wanted to happen. Even if it meant answering her wrong and getting put in the dog house for the holidays. He'd already gone out and bought her the necklance...
    “Um, “ Matthew was cut off by a sneeze. Blushing he continued. “Sorry. Um, s-sure… only if you want me to…?”
    It came out more as a question, and Matthew braced himself for her reaction.

>3>
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 am

She'd almost been too busy staring shyly at the ground that she nearly didn't hear his reply. It took a moment for her to completely understand that he'd said yes. He'd said he would...with a bit of hesitation at the end, but he said he would. Inwardly, Katyusha was really happy he'd accepted her offer and did her best not to smile too obviously. She'd never really been everywhere inside that house and it was rather big compared to what she was used to...there weren't even any pets she had to take care of. It'd be awfully lonely by herself...
    But now Matthew would be with her! She wouldn't have to listen to her echo.
    She quickly ridiculed herself, feeling prick at her side.
    Remember, you're doing this for Matthew! He's coming over because you offered to take care of him! Because you can never stop worrying. Besides, he'll probably be better in a day or two...no big deal...
    She knew all of that full well, but the thought of not spending more time with him put a damper on things. Maybe not even Christmas...?
    Maybe she should work up the courage to ask him about it. But...what if he was busy? What if he didn't want to? Was that too soon for the both of them? Should they give it more time? How did Matthew feel about all this?
    Speaking of which, he looked much worse all of the sudden. He'd gotten a lot redder, and she couldn't tell if it was a blush or his fever. Either way, it had her on her tiptoes in no time. This wasn't the time to be worrying over everything! He was still sick, and must've been getting worse. They couldn't just stand around in the cold!
    Looking up sheepisly at him, then awkwardly off to the side, then back at him, she replied softly, "I-It's alright...you can. I-I want to make sure you get better...a-after all, it's almost Christmas! B-Being sick wouldn't be very fun, huh...?" The last part of her statement was more quiet than the rest, and she tried the Christmas excuse to cover up for her worry. Why did she do this to herself? It was just a cold. It wasn't a terminal disease. But...it was just the natural thing she did. "U-Um...I'm leaving today, s-so...you should grab some things, r-right...?" It was hard to keep her attention on him; she was nervous about the whole thing and the fact that it was happening. So, she drew small circles on the ground with her foot.
    Where did that motherly side of her go when she needed it?

*shrugs* ._.
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:57 am

Matthew smiled, trying to hide the wave of relief that washed over him.
    H-heh, that was a stupid idea… Katyusha would never play mind games with him just for her own amusement. … or… would she…?
    He shook his head, stopping instantly. That sure wasn’t very smart. Shaking your head and a pounding head cold, not something you should put together. He cradled his temple, one eye pinching shut in pain. Katyusha’s words however pulled his attention.
    She… she wanted to look after him? The blush that had been waning from his cheeks rushed back full force.
    Take care of m-me?
    But Katyusha was always so busy. And adding him in his messy state wasn’t going to help any. He raised a gloved hand, wanting to tell her that really, there was nothing to worry about, he’d be fine given some time and that she didn’t need to waste her time fretting over him. She should be thinking about the holidays. But no words came out. Guilt pooled in his stomach. Being taken care of by her…
    No, you’re being selfish! She shouldn't have to look after you to along with everything else that’s going on! You're just playing on her mothering tendencies
    He looked at the ground in shame. It may just be a cold, yet Katyusha’s offer to be there with him definitely made the suffering through it part of being sick a little easier.
    Matthew blinked a little. “You’re leaving today?” He smothered another sneeze. “Sorry. Right now? Uh, sure. I’ll go grab some things and meet you by the front door?”
    The warm air from inside the dorms was very unwelcomed, making him feel even more over heated with the likes of his fever. And jogging up the stairs without full lung capacity was not smart at all. Matthew tore around his room, coughing and panting for air, his body protesting for him to slow down but he didn’t want to keep Katyusha waiting. He snatched up what he needed, shoving it into his bag, along with the bottles of medicine that barely left his presence these past couple of days and last but not least, he carefully tucked away the necklace, placed in a small crimson box, in an inside jacket pocket. His body hummed as he made his way back towards the front entrance.
    Did I pack too much? Maybe she does only want me to stay for one night… But what if I didn’t pack enough-?
    Matthew slid to a stop before Katyusha, attempting and failing to smother his wheezing. The tips of his ears flushing, he stood awkwardly for a moment. “Er, r-ready?”

Gawd I hate it when I can't get my brain to focus >A<

Last edited by Matthew Williams/Canada on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:29 am

As Matthew headed off to gather a few things, Katyusha headed off to her dorm to grab what she had packed. She felt a bit guilting about telling him to get his stuff; he shouldn't be moving around in the first place! Then again, there probably wouldn't be anything for him at the house... Even then, she couldn't help but feel bad about it. Well, you've got to do what you've got to do...
    Is this REALLY what she had to do...?
    Holding a semi-large bag along with a smaller one, she waited patiently for him to arrive. She didn't wait too long; it seemed that he wasn't taking his time, even when he was living off of medications. "Ah, y-yes. Let's go." They began off of the school grounds, Katyusha taking the lead. She fumbled in her pockets for the directions and some money; she'd decided a taxi was best for getting there. She could simply walk from the house to everywhere else, but it was a little far to walk to with bags in hand. Time passed by as the taxi took them to their destination and, soon enough, they were standing infront of a welcoming-looking house and she was unlocking the door with the spare key she'd been given. She could feel her breath leave her as she stepped in.
    The place wasn't exactly a mansion, but it was bigger than a normal house. It was very well-kept and had an inviting atmosphere. There were a few rooms to the right and stairs met them in the front, seperating into an upper level and a basement. She always had loved this place; it all felt so old-fashioned, but it still had good taste to it. It wasn't overly fancy, but it was definitely a nice place.
    Setting her bags down near the stairs, she motioned to the right to reveal a casual looking living room. "Um, m-make yourself at home, Matvey. Y-You need to lie down anyways!" The strictness that SHOULD have been in her voice never showed but she pushed that to the side, opening a small closet and rummaging through it for a short bit before pulling out a few blankets. She hesitated before returning to the room, her cheeks warming with a fresh blush. Placing them beside him, she sat down beside him and fiddled with her hair a little. It was hard deciding what to do right now - she was full of nervousness and worry at the same time. To be motherly or to be a scaredy-cat? What a question. Out of reflex, she pressed the back of her hand against his forehead again. He was still burning hot...and it wasn't hard to tell that he was uncomfortable. When was the last time he took anything...?
    Fiddling with her hair a little more, her voice came out small and a bit meek as she asked, "C-...Can I get you anything...?"
    Maybe this would be harder than she thought it would be. It sure would be if she couldn't get over all the turmoil in her.
    This wasn't really "turmoil", but it was definitely causing her to be a bit on-edge. It wasn't like her, but it was just how she reacted.
    How she reacted...what a thought. Matthew made her reactions very...diverse. Their first date should've been proof enough of that.

Um, yeah, my brain isn't alive right now.
    And I can't describe houses, weeeee~ <w>
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:09 am

Matthew took an instant liking to the house as he stepped into the front foyer. Of course it was someone else’s house, but the atmosphere was soft and welcoming, setting his sick and frazzled nerves at rest. It was also much smaller than his own house, though still larger than average. But he loved it. It was cozy and a home rather than just space. Pulling off his jacket and taking off his shoes, careful to make sure the snow stuck to his boots remained on the front mat where water could do no harm, he was about to offer to take the bags upstairs when Katyusha shooed him into the living room. He had to admit this house had the biggest and comfiest looking couch he’d ever seen and sinking onto it proved the assumption.
    All the aching muscles in his body seemed to groan in relief. He was glad they didn’t have to walk but even the taxi ride had been hard on him physically. Moving anywhere right now was hard on him. His head fell back against the couch, turning to look at Katyusha as he felt her sit on the couch next to him. His shivering was returning with another bout of cold sweat meaning his fever was spiking again.
    His eyelids felt too heavy all of a sudden and they drooped dangerously low, deciding that sleep was more important than helping Katyusha with whatever she needed around the house like watering plants or fetching the mail or cleaning (though this house seemed spotless already). And if there was nothing to do, Matthew wanted to use that precious time to sit together and talk, not sleep. Damn cold.
    It took a minute to register her question through his foggy brain and his words came out as a, gravelly, slurred, mumbled mess. “Noooo…. S’okay… Sorreh I’m such a bother…”
    His body had been sliding sideways, too exhausted to right itself, and Matthew’s head came to rest on her shoulder. His brow furrowed slightly, frustrated that his nose was too stuffed up to inhale Katyusha’s sweet scent. But with a fleeting thought of how soft she was, his eyes closed and he was out like a light.

pffft what chu talkn' about? I love the house. I can totally picture it X3
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:30 am

The new pressure on her shoulder made her start a little and she simply heard silence after Matthew's mumbling. She was about to reply to his apology when the sound of soft - if not some-what laboured because of his cold - met her ears. He'd fallen asleep? "Matvey...?" No response. A gentle smile grew on Katyusha's lips and pushed a few stray hairs away from his face, trying not to move too much. Even if he'd fallen asleep while talking, she couldn't possibly be mad. It was understandable. For the past few days, he must've just passed out in his bed when he got back to the dorms... The question of why he was pushing himself still lingered, but she left for now. He'd be able to get a proper rest now.
    Careful as to not wake him up, she stood up and moved him so that he was lying down. She took the blankets she'd grapped before and layed them over top of his shivering figure, took off his glasses (stabbing himself in the eye in his sleep was a definite no-no), and smoothed back his hair again. Letting out a small sigh, she left the room and headed over to the kitchen. He obviously couldn't take any medicine while he was asleep, but she had to cool him down a little. His fever was getting too bad.
    She soon returned to the couch with a cold cloth in hand, sitting on the coffee table next to it as to not disturb him. Another sigh soon escped her as she simply watched him for a moment. "You say you don't need anything, but look at you..." He would've looked very peaceful - and have a rather mature expression, if she did say so herself - if he wasn't drowning in his fever and trying to fight it off. Pressing the cloth against his forehead, Katyusha began a sort of cycle of dabbing the cold water onto his skin. Forehead, cheek, forehead, neck, forehead... Of course, she was cautious. She didn't want to wake him up; he'd just fallen asleep! "Sometimes you're too much of a gentlemen..." She then stopped and blinked. Why was she talking out loud to him?
    "R-Right, you're asleep. You can't hear me, haha... What am I doing?" She chuckled a little and continued dabbing at his skin for a few minutes more. Then, she left the cloth on the coffee table and stretched her arms a little. Well, she needed to unpack before she could really do anything else. His bags could stay in the living room for now; it depended on if he wanted to stay on the couch or in a room. So, she left the room again to take her bags to a room, but not before pressing a quick kiss to his forehead with cheeks ablaze.

Aww, thank you, deary. >w<
    Um. Fluff away? C:
    Is this OOC? D8
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:21 am

Matthew didn’t dream. His mind and body were simply too exhausted to conjure anything, even mentally. But there was… something….
    He could hear a faint voice but was unable to decipher the words as they floated in and out. Whatever it was, it was beautiful and he hoped it didn’t stop. There was something else to. A damp, coolness pressed to his skin, granting him a little reprieve from the heat of his fever and a small, thankful sigh escaped his lips, his conscious slipping deeper into sleep. “Kat…”
    It was already dark when Matthew finally stirred. It was winter of course so it got dark early anyways, but he was sure it was later in the evening, probably after dinner time. With a deep inhale, his eyes opened blearily to the room, wondering why he was in a comely, antique modeled home and not the Rush and Pamela Anderson poster’d walls of his dorm.
    Oh right… I’m house sitting with Katyusha…
    He felt like stone, heavy, like he’d stayed in the same position for too long. Stretching, body popping and groaning, he paused confused as to why his legs could barely move. He shifted up onto his elbows, blinking at the blankets cocooning around him, then frowned trying to remember. The last thing he recalled was slumping onto the couch… and onto Katyusha’s shoulder, he flushed embarrassedly.
    Katyusha must have covered me with them…
    Wait, Katyusha!
    Matthew shot upwards, then sank back down having gotten up too fast for his head’s liking.
    Some help I’ve been. Getting here just to park it on a couch and pass out… Talk about a freeloader… I wonder where she is, she's okay, right? Ah! Where’s my glasses?
    He swiveled his head in search, a soft light from a corner lamp caught the frame of his glasses from where they sat on the coffee table; reaching over he plucked them up and placed them back on the bridge of his nose, pushing them up with one finger. However it was the item next to his glasses that he studied curiously. The still slightly wet cloth knocked him off guard.
    That was Kat…? My fever…!
    The corner of Matthew’s mouth twitched as he did an internal inventory. His head still throbbed and his muscles ached like they’d rusted over, but his fever was fading fast. He even felt his stomach give a weak growl for food. Well if anybody had the magic, healing touch, it's Katyusha, he thought with a smile.
    The large bay window that the couch he sat on faced, was pitch black with night but he could tell it was snowing again. When the weather calmed Matthew vowed he’d shovel the walk for Katyusha, to make up for quite literally falling asleep on the job. His mental berating continued as he stood, listening for sounds that would give away where Katyusha was. The house was uncannily quiet.
    Upstairs or downstairs, that is the question. … Or he could just ask.
    K-Ka…t-!” Matthew’s hand shot up to his throat as he cringed in pain. He swallowed automatically, wincing and eyes watering. Okay, so not only did he have no voice, his throat was viciously raw like he was eating sandpaper. Fan-frigging-tastic.
    Well, plan B then.
    The stairs creaked lightly as he ascended to the top level, guessing Katyusha would be up here perhaps already settled into a room. He was still a little wobbly and his hand gripped the railing like a lifeline. Smothering a sneeze, he debated which door to knock on first. Maybe Katyusha had called it a night early? He didn’t want to interrupt anything…

*passes out on keyboard* I know there's probably errors but I can't see straight @_@
    Pfffft you never write an OOC Kat <3 I think that sounds just like her =3=
    Hnnng! Fluff!
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:02 am

Katyusha opened her eyes to find the ceiling, the light there glaring into her eyes. Groaning a little, she rolled over onto her side, burrying her face into a mound of blanket for a moment. Blankets...? Sitting up, she blinked and tried to recall just wear she was. This definitely wasn't the dorms...ah, that's right! She was house-sitting, with Matthew. Well, more like house-sitting and taking care of Matthew, but that was besides the point. She took the time to look around and get a hold of herself. Her bags were in a corner and a few items were scattered around. She'd been unpacking and had sat down for a short moment...at least, she'd thought it had been short. I fell asleep? Chuckling sheepishly at herself, she stepped back over to her bags picking up items that had to be put away and putting others into a spot where they could stay for the moment. Had the day really been that exhausting? She hadn't felt very tired...maybe she was pushing herself too hard again...Matthew would worry.
    Right, Matthew! He was still downstairs, wasn't he? Inwardly slapping herself, she stood up and stretched, feeling a kink in her back stretch out deliciously, then letting out a soft groan. THAT was better.
    But anyways! Now wasn't the time to think about her back! What if his fever was still bad? What if it got WORSE? If it got worse...!
    Katyusha stifled a yawn and headed for the door, opening it rather abruptly, and turned the corner to go check on him but was surprised when she saw that he was standing by the stairs. Had he just come up? How long has he been awake for? "Matvey...?" It took a few strides for her to reach his side and her hand automatically went to his forehead, and she was almost surprised about how much less hot his skin was. His fever had really improved! Sighing in relief, she spoke softly in case he wasn't fully recovered. "Oh, слава богу! You're fever's gone down! I-I was just coming to check on you. Have you taken anything yet?" She was only partially aware of her moving hands, searching for any bad signs as they moved from his forehead, down his temples, across his neck, then to his hands. It didn't feel like he was on fire anymore, but she couldn't be sure how he felt at the moment. Wiping the sleep from her eyes with one hand, she spoke again, "Are you feeling alright...?" Yes, he looked better than before, but she was still uneasy. Matthew's eyes were weary and he looked a bit sluggish; perhaps that was because he'd possibly just woken up. Or maybe he'd woken up earlier and was simply laying there...Either way, she swore to herself that she'd help to bring him back to his old self. What kind of hostess was she? She'd left him there while she took a nap! Idiot! You know better!

;A; You're reply was so awesome, mine is crap compared to it.
    Have some worry-wart!Kat. =w=
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:39 am

The click of a door opening and the soft call of his name caused Matthew to jump, letting out a smothered crack that once again sent pain tearing through his throat. But he hid his flinch, instead turning to study Katyusha’s sleepy form. Her blue eyes looked up at him adorably foggy, hair disheveled endearingly. Had he woken her up? She seemed so tired…
    She must be to preoccupied with the house and me to get some proper rest-
    His thought was cut short as her palm pressed against his skin and he blushed even though Matthew knew she was just checking to make sure his temperature was lowering back to normal.
    He’d opened his mouth to assure her that he was right as rain, (he touched his tender throat. Well, almost anyways), but it was her words spoken in Ukrainian that caused his eyes to widen slightly. Matthew knew from her accent English wasn’t her first language, yet this was the first time he’d ever recalled her speak her mother tongue. It… it was… beautiful.
    He blinked for a moment, realizing she’d asked him a question. Automatically he moved to speak but snapped his jaw shut, opting to shake his head instead despite the sharp throb that gave his aching head. He hadn’t taken anything since he’d woken up this morning at school. Not that he had much to take, some aspirin and… Buckley’s. However he wasn’t taking that unless he was on his deathbed.
    Katyusha’s second question stuck him between a rock and a hard place. With a deep inhale he decided to grit his teeth and bear it.
    “Much better, thank you.” His own voice shocked him. He sounded like an old man put together with something he could only compare to someone dragging their nails across a chalkboard. The sensation wasn’t any better. It was nearly impossible to not flinch and he forced a smile, which must’ve looked rather funny eyes watering, and trying to discreetly muffle his coughing while keeping his glasses on his nose.
    I-I didn’t mean to … w-wake you,” he croaked, trying to keep a straight face as he pretended to study a nearby painting of a garden hanging on the hallway wall, while really swearinging up a storm in his head. “I-is… there anything… I can help you with…?”

*hugs Worry-wart!Kat*

Pffft! I luurrrrvvvv eeeeeet~ <3

Last edited by Matthew Williams/Canada on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:57 am

"N-No, it's alright. There's nothing you need to do. You're my guest, remember...? Oh, and you didn't wake me up, d-don't worry...I...kind of fell asleep on the job."
    Katyusha tried to wear a reassuring smile, but the worry in her kept her from putting on a complete mask. His fever was down, and he didn't look like he was in pain...except for when he spoke. His voice sounded awful! She couldn't imagine how painful it must be. His watering eyes and his attempts to make it seem like it didn't hurt were proof enough to her. If his throat was that sore, then why was he forcing himself to talk? Because you're asking him questions, moron. Furrowing her brows a little, she squeezed his hands gently. Her anxiety had lessened, but she couldn't loosen up just yet. "L-Let me get you something to drink? You could take something for your cold while your at it." This time a geniune, sheepish smile formed on her lips. She continued in a slightly teasing voice, "You don't sound too good."
    The nagging thoughts of cleaning up and getting everything ready for their stay remained, but she merely pushed them to the back of her mind. There was also the issue of maybe going back to the dorms sometime to retrieve her gift for Matthew. Him staying with her was a last-minute plan, so she hadn't thought to grab it. He probably wouldn't stay anyways...for all of break...just...with her...
    The thought was making her nervous. Or was it excited? Maybe it was a combination of the two.
    Katyusha gently pulled on his hand, leading him back down the stairs and to the kitchen. She let go of his hand - if not somewhat reluctantly - and began to fill up a glass of water for him. She wasn't sure exactly what he wanted, and if she could even get what he wanted or needed, but she wanted to do anything she could. But as she handed the glass to him shyly, she realized that she didn't know so many things. She didn't know if he wanted to eat, drink, sleep, how he felt, if he really wanted to be here...and yet she was still too nervous and shy to ask. Her voice had once again escaped her.

>3<;; Urgh.
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 am

Colour flooded Matthew’s face in embarrassment of his rough, almost non-existent voice and because of Katyusha’s comment. But the corner of his mouth turned up at her good natured mocking even if he couldn’t return a tease of his own right now.
    He followed her down the stairs happily, glad that the drearier mood from earlier was lightened. Being sick was the last thing he wanted to be the focus of their time off. They were lucky enough to get the holiday together and he wasn’t going to waste it. However it was what she said about ‘falling asleep on the job’ that deflated his elation slightly. Katyusha took this as a job when she should see it as a chance to relax and take a well deserved break.
    Matthew wouldn’t have it. If he was going to stay here, even if she only wanted him to for a short time, he’d pull his own weight and all of hers if he could get Katyusha to allow him. He wasn’t going to lounge around and give her more work to look after.
    The kitchen was just as charming as the rest of the house. Well thought out and simplistic, though the lighting hurt his eyes for a moment as they adjusted, a stinging pain shooting through his head. It was about time to down the aspirin, he figured.
    Matthew mouthed the words ‘Thank you’ as he graciously accepted the glass of water. He linked their fingers again, tugging Katyusha towards the kitchen table, taking a seat after she had.
    After a long sip from his glass, he set it down on a coaster, eyes flickering up to meet Katyusha’s. “Are you… hungry? I could make something if you’d like…”
    Were they allowed to use the food here or was he going to have to run out to the corner convenient store he’d spotted on the way here? The walk wasn’t that far, though for the first time in a long time he didn’t look forward to stepping out in that cold.
    Speaking of cold…
    Matthew eyed Katyusha, concerned. The house wasn’t cold but with the temperature dropping at night like it did this time of year, you couldn’t be too careful. “You’re… not cold… are you? You should take… one of the spare blankets from the couch.” He spoke, voice still painful, but his tone was dead serious.

ono Can't think....
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:53 am

While Matthew drank, Katyusha simply fiddled with her headband with her free hand, smoothing stray hairs back into place. She was caught a bit off guard by his questions, but squeezed his hand again, letting the soft smile from before return. "Matvey, you're my guest. Relax! ...Please?" She glanced out of a nearby window before answering his next question. "I-I'm not cold, don't worry. Besides...you need it more than me."
    The seriousness of his tone and the look in his eyes told her that that wasn't going to be enough. "M-Matvey, I'll find an extra blanket for myself if I get cold. I promise. Please don't worry...?" She knew how cold winters could get from the past, but winters here were still a bit foreign to her. They were very cold, yes, but she never seemed quite prepared enough. Maybe it'd be a good thing to take his advice... Her gaze wandered to the window again, and she allowed herself to take in the image. Glass, now painted black by the night, reflected where they sat and yet still showed the lights from outside. If you looked close enough, you could see soft flakes of snow drifting down. She'd always loved the look of snow, but not particularily the cold part of it. You think she'd be used to it by now...
    The scenery brought back nostalgia, and she nearly lost herself in a world of smiles and laughter, when that dreaded, infectious red hadn't stained those days. Katyusha's heart throbbed painfully at the memories and she tore her gaze away from the window, trying not to show the mixed emotions she was feeling. C-C'mon, Kat. There's a time and a place for everything...Matthew is now. You invited him over here in the first place and he still isn't in tip-top shape. D-Don't get all sentimental a-about this...
    Her gaze was now locked with Matthew's and she chose instead to lose herself in his eyes; his gorgeous eyes, always filled with some sort of strong emotion directed towards her. It made her heart throb in a different way. How such feelings had grown for her, she had no idea. She was just another girl, in her perspective. But to be worried over and cared for just like she had done for others... It was weird, but it was...oddly nice. Maybe it also helped that she wouldn't be alone this Christmas; she had someone special to share it with. Not family, not friends...her boyfriend. Her lover--- WOAH, woah, woah. Th-That's going a little to fast, Kat. Think like a normal person, 'kay? Unaware of the now motherly smile that had grown on her face, she reached over to lightly poke him in the middle of his forehead. It was a playful action, and yet still gentle; she didn't want to stab him or anything. "Go take something. I'll still be here. Maybe I'll make a snack for us...i-if you're up for it, of course."
    Always. Always be here. With you.
    The corners of her mouths twitched upwards at the thought; it was indeed a lovely thought.
    Always.
    Honestly, she didn't want to imagine a future without him. He'd made such a huge crator in what used to be her flat, somehwhat dented world.
    ...Lame metaphor, but she really couldn't care less.

Um. Yeah. IDK. *brain is dead*
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:52 am

Katyusha’s reply made him sigh exasperatedly and he couldn’t help but smirk a little. “I’m… not gonna just sit around… while you do everything…”
    He took another sip of his water, grateful for the soothing sensation. Setting it down again, Matthew turned to toying with her fingers. His eyes searched hers, an expression of friendly mocking on his face.
    “I’ll promise… to relax… if you will,” he spoke roughly, smiling. It was hard to take him seriously when he sounded like a chain smoker, but he hoped his sincerity came across properly.
    The kitchen fell into a comfortable silence, Matthew content to run the pad of his finger across the lines of her palm. It was the subtle shift of moods that drew his attention back to her pale, heart-shaped face. Her reflection shone back in the glass of the window, appearing in the flurried blackness like a ghost, and he watched powerlessly as shadow fell over her features, threatening to snuff out her cheerful sparkle. The pain he’d seen once before, suddenly brought to the surface by the horrors of the haunted house at Halloween, stabbed at his heart like rusted knife. Something dark had happened to Katyusha, something he knew she couldn’t talk about. Maybe one day…
    “Eh...?” Matthew blinked dumbly at the ceiling for a moment, before dropping his bewildered gaze to Katyusha’s grin. His free hand rose to where she’d poked his forehead, flushing. He scrutinized her for a long minute. A comely, beautiful, motherly smile turned up the corners of her lips, instantly sending his heart thrumming against his chest and the tips of his ears turning red.
    Matthew released a sigh of defeat, pushing back his chair and standing. One look like that and it was impossible to argue with her. She really had no idea how much control she had over him. Lifting her hand in his own, he brushed his nose against the back across her dainty knuckles, not laying a kiss for fear of infecting Katyusha with his cold, but the touch was enough to tease. And for fun, he bowed dramatically, giving a flourish as he exited the kitchen, “Votre souhait est ma princesse commande.”
    Sadly it didn’t quite have the impact he wanted thanks to his wheezing voice and the fact that he nearly walked into the doorframe on his way out.
    Smooth.
    He was quick grabbing a couple of aspirin, swallowing them dry. He eyed the cough syrup for a couple of seconds, bristling at the mere thought of the taste, but jammed that back in his bag. He’d take it later. The last thing he wanted was to have Buckley’s breath around Katyusha.
    Returning to the kitchen, he held out his hands in a sort of ta-da gesture, looking around the counters for a place to begin. “So… what shall we make? I’m at your disposal."

sahf;kshf mine's such crap compared to yours ;;n;;
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:02 am

The light touch against her knuckles had her cheeks slowing growing red and left a delightful tingling, and she laughed softly at his French and near-mishap. She didn't know what he'd said but even when his voice was hopelessly slaughtered at the moment, Katyusha could still smile at his "act". Maybe she would have to learn a little French one day. It had sounded awfully nice - maybe that was just the language itself - so it couldn't have been bad, right?
    Standing up and stretching her arms out again - feeling the same kink from before stretch again - she walked to the kitchen, scanning through the items inside. What would make a nice snack...something they both liked... She knew Matthew liked maple, she could tell, but she wasn't sure what her friend had stocked up right now. Cooking something was out of the question; it was a bit too late for that. Should they indulge? Choose a healthy snake? Bake a treat? She was thinking of making a Ukrainian snack - she'd made it all the time back then and knew the recipe by heart - but figured it would take too much effort right now. They needed simple, but tasty. Now, to figure out something that would actually fit those standards...
    Oh, come on, Kat. You're just making a snack. Matthew's right, you should BOTH relax. You've got nothing to be nervous about!
    When he returned, she stood up and paused for moment, looking back at the fridge. Suddenly, a lightbulb went off in her head. If you coudn't decide on one thing, why not combine them? It was worth a shot. Taking out a small package of strawberries and turning to look back at him, she spoke almost hesitantly about her idea. "Um...how does fondu sound? W-We don't have to, it's just an idea."
    Backtracking. Great job, Katya. Way to be. She was supposed to be relaxing!
    But she had a feeling that the nervousness in her nature would never allow her to fully do so.

I'm sorry this is so crappy. ;;A;; adlkfj;a
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:21 am

“N-no, that sounds… f-f-…ine…” Matthew started as his voice gave a particularly painful crack… and then it was gone. Just… gone. He tried to discreetly clear his throat but it didn’t help. He had no voice. He was a mute.
    Really, he should have known better than to push it while sick, although he was more than a little reluctant to admit he was actually ill while around Katyusha. Sure he could be as grumpy and lazy and debilitated as he wanted when he was alone in his dorm, but it felt like he was almost revealing an embarrassing weakness showing his cold getting the better of him when he was in his girlfriend’s company. Katyusha managed so much already and he was pretty sure it would take something life threatening to keep her away from work.
    It unsettled him, played on his insecurities, like he wasn’t holding up his side of the relationship. Maybe because of the age difference. He had to do more to close the experience gap between them…
    Stop it. That’s enough. I’m over thinking things! Katyusha doesn’t care that I’m a few years younger… does she…?
    He shook his head slightly, hoping to dislodge the thought. It really was stupid worrying about such a thing, and that irked him all the more. But right now wasn’t the time to have his emotions spin out of control. Matthew tried to focus on the contents of the fridge. His mouth opened to joke about how they should just hijack the ice cream from the freezer, but of course…no voice.
    Guess actions are gonna have to speak louder than words here…
    Matthew gratefully took the strawberries from Katyusha, nodding his head assuringly. Fondue sounded great. Admittedly he’d eat just about anything right now, but it still sounded delicious. Perhaps he could make them some tea to. It was always nice to have something hot on a cold winter’s night.
    Of course, fondue wasn’t exactly in his culinary education, having a diet that consisted mainly of pancakes, Kraft Dinner and microwavable meals. So Matthew hesitated, waiting for directions.

Blaaaaah...
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:57 am

Katyusha cocked her head to the side for a moment, confused as to why he'd suddenly stopped speaking. Matthew looked surprised at himself, and her curiosity grew when he opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Was his throat really THAT sore? Worry collided with her confusion and curiosity, momentarily creating a giant mess of her mind. She shouldn't have let him sleep for so long without taking something, she should've pestered him more about it, she should have stopped him from straining his throat--- A frown replaced her light smile, but she let it slide. She'd confront him about it later, when maybe he'd recovered to the ability to speak.
    Why does he do that to himself...?
    Even with her lingering worries, she allowed herself to look around the kitchen, mentally making notes on what to do. "W-Well...if we're going to do this...w-we need chocolate and...um...whip cream. Can you see if we have any? Ah, please?" She figured that while he searched for the only needed ingredients, she could at least heat up the stove and find a wooden spoon or something along those lines to stir with. All they really need to do was heat up the cream, stir in the chocolate slowly until it was all smooth, and...well, that was it. Just dip some fruits, marshmallows, cakes – you name it – and voila! You have fondue. It was a simple recipe, but satisfying; a perfect little snack. Although, it really was best with groups...
    So, Katyusha went to work at finding a suitable pot and spoon, waiting for Matthew to return. The nagging thoughts of his voice refused to leave her though, no matter how hard she told herself to just let it go. It’s not your fault, Kat. Relax. It’s probably just because of his cold, n-nothing more...

Urrrgghhhhhhh.......
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:05 am

Okay, chocolate and whip cream. Chocolate and whip cream…
    It was really, really hard not letting his mind slip into the gutter, though his teenage hormones seemed quite happy to. Matthew opened a few cupboards, face flushing darker and darker as he continued his search- NOT imagining Katyusha wearing the whip cream instead of clothes, slowly eating the strawberries so the juices spilled over her plump bottom lip and trailed down her chin, laying right on the kitchen table…
    No! That thought ends right here. It’s starting to sound like one of those bad porno’s Al likes to stash anyway…
    Oh! There it is. Matthew reached into one of the higher shelves, taking out several bars of cooking chocolate. He preferred milk chocolate himself but he reached around Katyusha, his hand gently resting on her hip as he leaned across to set them on the counter for her choosing, not wanting to get in her way. Still… his hand lingered for a moment before he pulling away, stepping to the fridge to retrieve the whip cream.
    What a time to get a cold…
    Finally get to be with Katyusha alone and he had to have a bloody cold! Matthew adjusted his glasses, glaring daggers at the canister in his palm. Well, maybe this was the universe’s way of telling him to keep himself in line. Their relationship was still a new one. They’d really only been technically together for a month or so.
    Wait. Was there some kind protocol about dating for a month? O-or a month and a half if he really thought about it… Wasn't he supposed to give her an Anniversary present or take her out on a special date? He wondered if Katyusha would like something like that... It wasn’t like he could very well ask her right now. That’s it. Tomorrow he was going to find some throat lozenges.
    Picking up the kettle, he moved to the sink, filling it up with water then setting on a burner to boil. Matthew directed his attention to what Katyusha was doing, hoping she saw the curiosity in his eyes. What else could he help with?

I don't even know anymore @_@
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:16 am

Nodding her thanks to Matthew when he retrieved the items, she couldn't help the shy smile that grew on her lips at the touch on her hip. Katyusha's gaze then travelled from the kettle, to the now set-out ingredients, to Matthew, and then back to the kettle. The curiosity in his eyes put her on the spot a little, but she had to remember that it was all out of good will. He'd always wanted to help, not matter what it was or where they were. ...It was rather sweet of him.
    All that was left really was to wait for the right heat then stir it all in. While waiting, they could melt the chocolate a little before mixing it with the whip cream. Maybe it would be easier to stir in, and quicker. ...OK, so maybe it had been a while since she'd made fondue, but she knew what she was doing! Mostly.
    She chewed on the inside of her lip when her eyes caught sight of the strawberries again. She was quite tempted to take one - just one, just one - but restrained herself. They looked really really good...but she would just have to wait. But the more she tried to ignore them, the more she wanted them. ...It was kind of like her feelings for a certain someone in the room. Wait, how is that even relevant to strawberries...?
    Her subconcious decided to speak up then. Or rather, create a little picture for herself. Disheaveled hair, slick skin, strawberry-stained lips, violet eyes filled with a passion she couldn't imagine, a husky voice murmuring to her, only for her...
    Katyusha had to avert her gaze to try and hide her glowing cheeks.
    OK, NO. Stop! Just stop. Geeze! J-Just focus on the fondue, for goodness sake.
    "U-Um, you could chop up the strawberries if you want smaller pieces. O-Or you could find some other fruits...?" she spoke softly, attempting to keep the last of her "authority" in her voice. There weren't a lot of steps to fondue, so she'd have to improvise on a few things. But that was easier said than done, especially when she was trying not to offend Matthew or do anything to make things awkward. They'd progressed this far in their relationship and she wasn't about to ruin things. "I-I'll look after the chocolate and whipcream, don't worry..." Even though they were staying over the break - well, technically she was, she wasn't sure about Matthew yet - she didn't want to leave a mess. But of course, she wouldn't do that. Not in a million years! She wasn't that sloppy. She'd clean up everything before leaving; it was only right. It was common sense to do so, right...?

o__________________________o
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:29 am

It was serene how well they worked together. When Katyusha moved, Matthew moved in sync. The complimented each other like two halve to the same whole. ... As cheesy as that sounded.
    Finding a cutting board, he set it on the counter along with a knife which he then used to begin slicing the strawberries in half. He’d used up a moderate part of the carton when he decided to stop, figuring that to be enough for the both of them. This was more like a light snack then an actual meal and he didn’t want to waste any. Setting them aside, he absentmindedly sucked the sweet taste of strawberries off the tips of his fingers. Thanks to his cold the sample was a little irregular but still delicious. His fingers made a soft popping noise as switched to the next, tongue darting out for the odd yet satisfying taste. Until his brain gave a vicious mental kick, reminding him where he was. Spreading the germs much?
    Matthew flickered a glance to Katyusha, expression sheepishly embarrassed and he maneuvered to the sink to wash his hands.
    Can’t I wait until everything’s finished?
    His stomach growled in hungry anger.
    No, apparently not.
    There were a couple of mandarin oranges in the refrigerator and he took those to the counter to peel, along with an apple and pear to chop. Matthew arranged all the pieces on a plate just in time as the kettle began to boil. Plucking a pair of mugs from the cupboard, he stumbled across not just a nice peppermint tea, but what looked like a spare packet of hot chocolate. He caught Katyusha’s attention, holding them both up for her to choose. His stomach gave another growl as he took a deep breath, smelling the tang of the fruit and the deep, distinctive scent of chocolate.
    … And there was something… else.
    Matthew hovered beside Katyusha, and with what little sniffing power he had (stupid cold) he instantly recognized the warm aroma that was hers and hers alone. He couldn’t even describe it. It was just… exclusively and perfectly Katyusha.
    His stomach jumped again but he didn’t think it was for food anymore…

Fun timez with fruit! Hurr hurr CB
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Well...it seemed that Matthew's actions were siding with her own subconcious.
    Katyusha had to pull her gaze away from him when their eyes met and her cheeks heated up even more; red seemed to be a popular colour for her when she was with him. It had simply been by chance...but how on earth...did it correspond so well with her inner thoughts? Funny how things work. But instead of thinking of those thoughts, she brought herself back to the task of mixing.
    Once the right temperature had been reached, she began carefully putting in the chocolate. Slowly but surely, the mixture finally became one substance and began to flow smoothly. After a few more minutes of thorough stirring, she quickly moved to grab another bowl, one large enough to pour the tempting mixture into. (Oh, how badly she just wanted to have a small taste just then!) Just as she finished transferring the chocolte-whip cream mix, Matthew held up the two packets.
    For a few moments, Katyusha actually thought hard about it. Peppermint tea would compliment the chocolate-whip cream mix and would be good for his cold, but she wondered how it would taste with strawberries. Hot chocolate would be good for the sweetness of the fondue in general, but wasn't exactly the healthiest thing. In the end, she tapped lightly on the hot chocolate packet, shooting a shy smile up at him. Tonight would be a night to satisfy the sweet tooth; tomorrow could be the more serious approach. ...Wait, did that mean she WASN'T being serious about this today? Then what did all her efforts today mean? Were those half-hearted? Weak efforts?
    A-Am I not doing a good job?
    She shook her head slightly, telling herself that that was ridiculous, and taking the plate of fruit with one hand and carrying the other bowl with her free hand and setting them down on the table where they had been before. She quickly grabbed a few cloths and kept them near by; no one wanted a sticky mess. "Well...here we are! Fondue. P-Please, help yourself." Unsure if he wanted her to show her exactly what fondue was or not, she fiddled with her bangs for a split second before taking a piece of apple and dipping into the mix, biting off the dipped end. It was still as delicious as ever. How could something so easy to make be so yummy? It was beyond her.

Have some fruit, mahn. :U
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 am

Alright, hot chocolate it was, Matthew nodded, grinning impishly. She’d read his mind. Sure peppermint tea was healthier, especially for his cold, but how could you say no to a hot chocolate on a snowy day? It was just too perfect. Turning off the burner, he poured the hot water into the mugs, stirring the mixture in thoroughly and took them to the table. Seeing Katyusha carrying everything, Matthew’s eyes widened in concern.
    What was wrong with him? She shouldn’t have to do that all herself! He may be rather foggy and achy but that was no excuse for not helping!
    Mentally kicking himself, he sat down after her, plucking up a slice of pear and scooping more that dipping it in the chocolate. A faint, scratchy hum of bliss escaped his throat as he tasted the candy sweetened pear. It was delicious.
    Matthew held up hand, excusing himself for a moment. He went back to his bag by the couch and grabbed a notebook along with a pen, returning to the kitchen to setting it on the table between them. It wasn’t very creative but it seemed easier than trying to play charades. He may have had a nap earlier but he just didn’t have the energy to do something that idiotic. He tried to keep his usual chicken scrawl actually readable, writing across the page.
    ‘Thank you, that was delicious. You’re a great cook. I’ve never had fondue before, it was fun.’
    Matthew shifted back, his arm resting instinctively on the back of her chair, as he smiled softly at that sweet blush still gracing the highs of her cheeks, the blue of her eyes glimpsing through her long eyelashes. Beneath them though, he noticed the dim shadows of someone who pushed herself too hard. She worried him sick, working as tirelessly as she did, but he knew that was just part of her character. A shy, caring, hard worker, and it was his job to see to it that, even if just for a little while, she got to relax and be as lazy as she wanted to. The idea of just spending the whole holiday break curled up under a blanket with Katyusha in his arms was very appealing.
    Matthew reached up and curled a lock of her soft hair around his finger. Some would say he’d won the lottery, meeting Katyusha, but he could never compare her to something as frivolous as money. It didn’t have even a shred of hope comparing and that’s why he felt so lucky perhaps. Lucky and undeserving.
    Time slipped away and Matthew smothered a yawn. His cold wore away at him more than he wanted to admit. Taking his notebook again, he wrote ‘Perhaps we should call it a night?’

o_o
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:37 am

Katyusha had been watching him curiously when he returned with the pen and notebook, then felt her cheeks fill with colour once more as she read his little note. She could almost hear him saying the words, imagining the tone of voice he'd have. Well, she was glad it tasted good. Feeding Matthew something disgusting was far from her real intentions, and she hoped that it would never happen.
    She was going to nod her thanks to him when suddenly she felt him toying with her hair, causing her to smile shyly but avert her gaze. The slight tugging and just the simple sensation of the curling of her hair left in its place a delightful tingling, making her bite her lip a little to stop her smile from growing. The silence was in no way awkward, and she felt comfortable sitting with him, almost absentmindedly shifting closer. Even if he was sick, that didn't mean she wanted him to avoid her like he was the plague itself.
    Katyusha started to pay attention to her surroundings again when Matthew began to write again, and she peaked over at the second note. She nodded, not wanting to admit how sleepy she was. She'd already fallen asleep while unpacking, so tonight should be a good rest. They both needed it. "It's late, so we should...ah, are you alright with sleeping on the couch? Y-You don't have to, we can get a room for you." He was her guest and he shouldn't have to be uncomfortable during his (possibly brief) stay. She only wanted the best for him.
    Another thought occured to her. If they were heading off to bed now, things needed to be tidied up before she did so or it would be an even bigger mess in the morning. And no one wanted extra work, even someone like herself. Work wasn't a huge burden, it was nearly natural to her. But it was Christmas break---oh, Christmas! Christmas was coming! There still needed to be preparations for that too if she wanted to be proper--- CALM, Kat. Calm! That can be dealt with later. Leave it, relax, slow down...
    Sighing a little, she pushed back her chair and stood up, glancing out of the window again. She couldn't tell if it was still snowing or not. They'd have to see in the morning... She picked up a few dishes and set them down by the sink, then returned to Matthew's side, looking down at him with expectant eyes. She didn't want him to be modest with his answer; he should relax if she was going to.

Blaaah
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:35 am

Matthew released a sigh under his breath when Katyusha took the dishes. He’d have to keep her away from those. Katyusha shouldn’t have to worry about dishes. He’d make sure to do them in the morning. The flustered expression on her face would make sure of that. The small little crease between her brows that appeared whenever she was worrying over something showed briefly and he flickered a frown. Whatever it was she was distressed over seemed to disappear and he blinked realizing she was watching him intently for an answer.
    Picking up the notebook again, he began to scrawl.
    ‘It’s all right; I’m fine on the couch. I’m sort of all set there anyway. I don’t want to bother anyone with setting up another room.’
    Besides it would be arrogant to assume the usage of a whole room when he might very well be staying for only the one night. The thought dejected him slightly, but he’d understand if she asked him to leave tomorrow. Maybe they just weren’t ready for it. Personal space was a necessity, he knew that.
    …Still, to be together like this… It was only one day yet this was his most memorable Christmas.
    Color rose in his face. He was being too sentimental. It wasn’t like they were on a honeymoon or anything! Ha! It was just Christmas, a holiday… their first holiday as a couple... together… alone.
    Matthew stood, fiddling with his glasses, embarrassed. He’d just have to play his cards right then, and maybe he’d be able to stay longer. Holding out his hand for Katyusha’s, they left the kitchen, Matthew remembering to flick the lights off behind them. He hesitated as they hovered by the bottom of the stairs, not really wanting to part yet.
    ‘Thank you again... for everything he mouthed soundlessly, not from a lack of trying though. Tugging their joint hands, the space between them closed and he pressed a kiss to her hair. He smiled, mouthing again. ‘Goodnight, Katyusha.’

Ta-da~
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:49 am

With a quick glance back at the kitchen, she allowed Matthew to lead her back through the house to the staircase. She couldn't help but wonder if him staying on the couch was REALLY ok. He hadn't shown any signs of uncomfort, he'd said - or rather, written - that it was fine. He'd said it was just fine. But Katyusha couldn't shake the feeling of guilt from her gut. It just didn't feel right to leave him on the couch... She was GOING to question him about it again, but something stopped her from doing so.
    Maybe it was the kiss to her hair that did it.
    A warm feeling overcame her as she turned her gaze to meet his, and she couldn't help but smile back up at him. There was something endearing behind the simple action, and it left her heart fluttering. Weariness and a feeling of peace mingled with the warmth and the remaining pieces of guilt and worry, she squeezed his hand gently in response to his un-said words. "Goodnight, Matvey."

The next morning, Katyusha awoke slowly for a while simply stared at the ceiling. Like she had yesterday when she'd taken that nap. It took a while for her brain to connect with the rest of her body and eventually, she pulled herself out of bed. She looked over at the clock on the wall; 8:30. Groaning a little, she flopped back down onto the blankets, lying on her back. She could sleep a little longer, couldn't she? Rolling over onto her side, she lost herself in sleepy thoughts. No, she'd have to get up and start the day. No time for sleeping. Too much sleep WAS a bad thing, after all. Besides, she was curious on how Matthew was doing. Had he slept well? Was his throat still sore? Had his voice come back? Sitting back up and shivering a little, she grabbed a thinner blanket and threw it over her shoulders, leaving her room to check on him quickly.

DadadaDAAAAAAAAA~ *jazz hands* =w=;;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:23 am