The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

2 posters

And with the next step comes...?

Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Cantidad de envíos : 290

And with the next step comes...? - Page 10 Empty Re: And with the next step comes...?

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:18 am

Maybe we should find a tenser bandage for her ankle… I don’t think it would help much with her knee but it’s worth a try I guess… Better keep an eye on it just in case the swelling gets worse…
    “Hm?” Matthew hummed, too caught up in his own thoughts. However, when Katyusha’s question sunk in, his eyes widened and the fierce flush returned. “W-ell, you’d fallen asleep downstairs and I carried you up here but… um, you wouldn’t let go. I tried to leave but that would have meant waking you up and… I-I mean, I was tired to so…” he paused, throwing her a nervous glance. “O-or did you mean you wanted me to leave? Sorry! Sorry, I didn’t realize- I’ll, just, erm, go back to my room then…”
    There was no way in hell he was going to sleep now, he thought wildly, trying to detangle his legs from the covers.
    Okay so this hadn’t been a good idea, he’d stepped over the line if Katyusha’s body language was evidence enough. They may have been dating but bed creeping- as he suddenly discovered- was at the very top of the 'Don't Do' list.
    Matthew wiggled closer to the edge of the bed, one foot still stuck when the mattress disappeared out from beneath him. He let out a cry of surprise, back hitting the floor with a painfully loud ‘SMACK!’ not to mention the white specks that danced in his vision when his head connected with the ground as well. Thankfully the pain dulled quickly, leaving just a small ache thumping up his spine and Matthew stared up at the dark ceiling. Already askew glasses now sitting halfway up his forehead.
    That was… elegant.
    He debated crawling out of the room before he had to look Katyusha in the face. However, deciding to face things, he sat up, re-settled his glasses in their proper place, and sighed. He opened his mouth but closed it again, unsure of what to say.
    How do you start the discussion on something completely serious after that little number?
    “Kat,” he spoke slowly, chewing on his words as he said them. “Are you mad at me?”
    He cheered internally at his brilliant game plan. Let her get her feeling out of the way first! Then there’s no risk of him saying something stupid and making it worse. He may be hockey obsessed, existence-challenged individual but even he had exceptional ideas. And this was one of them.
    … unless it all blew up in his face.
    Then he was in serious trouble.
    Sitting on the cold floor in the dark, looking pleadingly up at Katyusha and unable to decode her expression, Matthew held his breath.
    Was this what being in the doghouse felt like…?

o3o
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Cantidad de envíos : 357

And with the next step comes...? - Page 10 Empty Re: And with the next step comes...?

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 am

Matthew's fall had surprised her and she'd scrambled to the edge of the bed, much to her leg's annoyance. Blinking, Katyusha had been about to ask if he was OK when he was the first to speak looking up at her seriously. She was a bit taken aback but then swallowed, sitting at the edge of the bed still.
    She did her best to keep her eyes locked with his in the few moments that she mused over her thoughts, but she couldn't help looking down at her lap.
    She was mad...more surprised than anything, but mad too. But she was still happy too through some sort of miracle, whatever that was. She wanted to yell, despite the early morning hours...but she had the urge to laugh too. Her privacy had been invaded, but at the same time she liked the thought of cuddling up to him under the sheets. She was torn between her conflicting emotions, torn as to which one was the RIGHT answer.
    Was there a right answer?
    No, there had to be!
    Right...?
    She couldn't answer both and carried both of them out...could she?
    That would be awfully hard, wouldn't it?
    Biting her lip, time ticked by as she thought, and she lay down where she was rolling onto her side to still be able to see Matthew. She glanced down at his searching eyes before answering quietly, "...I-I am, but...I..." How was she supposed to put this into words? She couldn't say she was mad, but she wasn't. That just didn't make any sense! Katyusha stuttered for the right words, feeling herself flush under the pressure. "I...y-you..." Her blush only grew redder in the shadows of the room and her voice trailed off.
    Why was it so hard just to explain herself?!
    Don't chicken out, Katya, he needs an answer and he's going to get one!
    What came next was mumbled into the sheets and so soft that she could've sworn if she hadn't been listening to herself even SHE would've missed it. She wondered if he'd even hear her...
    "I-I am, but...I...I still forgive you...about...this. Y-You didn't do anything, so..." Perhaps she was drunk off of her sleepiness, but she couldn't believe what she was saying. She honestly couldn't stay mad when he gave her a look like that; it was too hard.
    Maybe she was too forgiving, too naiive, not tough enough. Maybe she wasn't doing the right thing, maybe this was the completely wrong answer---
    Why couldn't there be a manual for times like these? It would be rather helpful.

It's crap, sorry. <A>;;
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:22 am

Yes! He lives! She didn’t kill him! Mission accomplished.
    Matthew bit the inside of his cheek to try and smother the smug smile that threatened to burst through his appropriately bashful expression.
    For a second there, when Katyusha admitted she was angry with what he’d done and his heart leapt to his throat, he was sure she was about to tan his hide.
    Instead, he was sitting almost eye to her, her laying down on her side and him still on the floor. He had to resist the urge to crawl up beside her. She really had no concept of how angelic she was laying there, still flushed from the circumstances, hair tossed from sleep with a few strands clinging statically to the pillow, and though their morning had started off in not the smoothest of ways she still had that bit off sleep still fogging up her eyes that sent his blood racing through his veins. A part of him wanted her to invite him back under the covers, move her closer so he could pull her flush against him once more. Obviously, though, he didn’t think that was about to happen.
    “Thank you,” he spoke in a half whisper, voice truly honest. “I didn’t mean to… really I didn’t….” Pulling in a deep breath, he rested his arms on the mattress and his chin on them so he could comfortably look at Katyusha. Matthew smiled at her.
    It was still dark, sunlight still a couple ours away, and it was cold as Matthew was starting to notice. But he’d learned his lesson and asked before he sat back down on the mattress, not before grabbing a spare blanket from the closet. Nether of them were able to got back to sleep so they passed the time quietly talking or later when they’d turned on the radio station they listened to music, debating playfully back and forth about what music was the best.
    Covertly, Matthew scooted slowly closer inwards on the mattress. The trust Katyusha had in his has stood its first serious test but that didn’t mean it would be a good idea to test it twice. It wasn’t until they sat across from each other that he cautiously reached out to take her hand and toyed distractedly with her long slender fingers. They were cold. Bringing both her hands up to his mouth, he blew a long breath into them hoping to warm.
    “Better?” he asked, smiling sheepishly. He eyed her blush uneasily. Maybe he was being too intimate too soon…? Setting her hands back down onto the covers. “Sorry… I didn’t mean…” he chuckled lightly, squeaking awkwardly.
    Looking down at Katyusha, he had to lace his own hands together to stop himself from smoothing down a wayward lock of her hair.

\<w>/
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 am

A blush was to be expected of her when Matthew took her hands, and she couldn't help the small smile that showed when he squeaked in his apology. Even early in the morning he acted like this...not that it came at only different periods of the day, but that wasn't the point. Katyusha avoided his gaze for a few moments, trying to smother the shy smile on her lips and fiddling with the sheets. Her gaze eventually met with his again and she could only let out a small sigh, watching his eyes gleam beneath his glasses in what little light there was and trying to ignore the obnoxious sexual song currently playing on the radio.
    There was still an awkward sort of feeling between them because of the past incident, but she couldn't keep her anger about it bubbling for long. She knew that part of her had enjoyed it, anyways...

Morning soon came, along with the days ahead, and things gradually got better between the two. They were both still as cautious as usual, but Katyusha found herself falling into a sort of routine with him.
    When it came to working around the house, it seemed like Matthew would still get a little frustrated when she took it upon herself to do extra chores, but everthing else was...normal. It was so odd. This had become NORMAL.
    Currently living in the same house...and taking care of each other...
    Had become NORMAL.
    She had been doing the dishes but lost herself in thought, her gaze wandering to the window. Snow was falling again, light and puffy. It was a little cloudy and looked somewhat chilly, but the snow was still as beautiful as ever.
    Katyusha was also aware that it was New Years Eve, but neither of them had said anything about it, and she was too shy to bring it up. If she did, would that chase him off? It wasn't like spending New Years with him wouldn't be nice...but would he rather spend it with family? Or friends?
    Spending the rest of break alone...it would be so strange...a little intimidating, too.
    School was coming up soon too, and she would have to go back to work. The time they were spending together now could possibly be the most throughout the year depending on how busy the two of them would be. It was such a saddening thought...she really liked being here with him! He was always so helpful and even though he was a little clumsy, like her, at times it was a lot better to have two than just one.
    The dishes and Matthew's whereabouts were long forgotten as she stared outside, losing herself deeper in thought.

Derp derp derp <3>/
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 am

Matthew halted in his sweeping to glare up at the falling haze of little white snowflakes that weren’t making his job any easier. His once freshly clean walk already had a thin film of them. He exhaled a long breath, consoling himself with the fact that he’d at least been able to win the fight against the lurking patch of ice near the end where the path met the driveway. Now nobody had the chance of slipping on it and falling into the hedges like he'd had the unfortunate pleasure of doing when he accidentally discovered the patch the other night.
    Setting the broom aside next to the door, dusting off his jacket and pulling off a glove, Matthew dug a hand into his pocket to retrieve the intricately painted pocket watch. He’d gown accustomed to familiar weight of the metal at his side, always having it in a back pocket or at least close at hand.
    He studied the elegant numbers.
    It didn’t seem possible that a whole year had gone by already. It felt like just yesterday when he’d finished his first year, spent the summer still adjusting to his new life at school, heading back for his second year, and then there was the life-altering moment when he’d helped a strange girl find her book bag. Who knew such a small, incidental meeting would lead to all this.
    Sniffling slightly from the cold, Matthew knocked the snow off his boots and headed back inside, deciding that he’d be better off helping with chores inside than fighting with the weather.
    What could they do to celebrate such a monumental year? So much had happened… Although, maybe that was just him. Perhaps Katyusha didn’t care for a big production. Speaking for himself, he didn’t really like the idea of anything crazy either. They could just curl up and watch the local broadcast when the countdown was close. Matthew flushed heatedly. And maybe this could be the first year he started off with a New Years kiss..
    He hung up his jacket and the rest of his gear, pointing himself in the direction of the kitchen where he could hear the telltale sounds of running water and clinking plates. Matthew paused at the doorway, smiling tenderly as he watched her determinedly scrub at some stubborn stuck on food. She didn’t seem to notice his presence as he quietly stepped forward. Katyusha set the plate in her hands aside and turned her pale heart-shaped face towards the light of the window, her blue eyes strangely far away.
    The last few days since the night he’d dubbed as ‘Sleep-Gate’ he’d been particularly careful around her. No sudden surprising moves, keeping his hands where she could see ‘em, and no overstepping the line Katyusha had so clearly marked drawn.
    Yet, his body moved on its own and before he realized what he’d done, Matthew felt his hands slipping around her waist. The corner of his mouth twitched upwards when she jumped slightly, attempting to turn her body around to either see what had caught her off guard or to give him a good tongue lashing, possibly both, but Matthew held firm.
    He rested his chin on her shoulder, smothering his snickers in the cloth of her shirt.
    “Sorry,” he apologized sheepishly, hoping for his own safety that she didn’t hear the laughter in his voice. “I didn’t mean to startle you. Can I help?"

lolol
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:58 am

Katyusha was quickly snapped out of her daze and gasped a little, sharply turning her head to identify the figure who had such a steady hold on her. Reality soon came back to her and she inwardly scolded herself; it was just Matthew. There wasn't anything to worry about. He wouldn't try anything sketchy, he was being careful right now, she could tell...
    Honestly, where was her brain?
    She turned her head back to the dishes, puffing out a small sigh and trying to calm the blush on her cheeks. It wasn't like she couldn't do them herself...it would take up some time in her day, but it wasn't hard. He didn't have to worry about something like that... Now, if only she could voice herself without coming off as rude.
    Would that be rude?
    It was just the truth, right?
    But what if he WAS offended?
    What then?
    What would be the right thing to do?
    Her attention was on him once again as she subconciously leaned into him. Her shirt wasn't super thick, but it wasn't super thin either so she could feel the cold of his hands slowly seeping through the material. It was kind of refreshing, really... So, he'd been outside? Maybe she should ask how it was...maybe they could go out for a bit. It wasn't like they could celebrate New Years just yet. It was no where near the big countdown yet.
    But it looked cold...and Katyusha wasn't sure if she wanted to go out or not.
    Besides, would she be a bother if she asked how it was out there? She didn't want to force him back out if it WAS cold. That would just be awful!
    Her attention eventually came back once again to reality - even though her thoughts really only lasted a few seconds - and she blinked, realizing she hadn't answered his question. How should she answer...? Blunt and to the point? Skirting around the bush?
    Before she really knew it, she'd taken a handful of bubbles from the sink and mushed that hand against his forehead, smiling shyly and yet somehow still playfully. "No."
    Blunt and to the point it was, then. ...With a bit of playfulness on the side, but that was embarrassing to think about!
    Really, where WAS her brain?
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:07 am

Matthew jumped backwards, his back bumping against the counter causing some of the cupboard doors to clatter loudly.
    …Well that had been unexpected.
    What little finesse he’d managed to cultivate for his sneaking vanished the moment her hand, loaded with a healthy helping of soap suds, collided abruptly with his face.
    Matthew took the extra hand towel hanging off the oven handle using it to mop up the mess.
    “Just a simple ‘No’ would have sufficed,” he spoke dryly, plucking off his glasses and cleaning them to.
    He pretended to ignore the smug little giggles, setting his glasses back onto the bridge of his nose rather haughtily, though he couldn't help but smile just a little at her bubbly laughter.
    Playing with the towel for a moment, a wicked idea came to mind and Matthew tried to hide a smirk of his own. Leaning back against the cupboards, he took both ends of the towel, spinning it in a circle so it coiled tightly then with a strident ‘SNAP!’ he cracked it like a whip, the end catching Katyusha smartly just below her hip.
    When she looked at him, shocked and obviously none-too happy, Matthew gave her his most innocent kicked-puppy-eyed expression although the air of teasing revenge lurked in his eyes. Sure he was more known for his shy, quiet side but that didn’t mean he couldn’t hand out of a little well deserved justice from time to time.
    Still hanging onto the limp towel, he crossed his arms, rubbing his jaw with one hand to hide his growing grin. Part of him longed to catch a glimpse the fierce side of her personality again, and yet the other side of him hoped to see her flustered beyond all else. When she became too ruffled to speak straight, nearly chewing her plump bottom lip right off as she flushed an adorable shade of red. She was absolutely irresistible like that…
    “I guess if you’re all good in here, I’ll go vacuum or something…” Matthew said airily like nothing had happened. He turned on his heel, mockingly making a show of throwing the towel over his shoulder and all but strutted from the room. Yet he hesitated at the doorway, his curse of meekness beginning to return. Casting a glance back at her, he asked sheepishly. “You know, since it’s New Years Eve… is there anything special you wanted to do?”

o3o
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 am

The stinging from the cloth had dimmed and she'd had only been able to stare at Matthew's retreating figure, before letting out a small huff as a wry smile working its way across her features. She quickly dried her hands and grabbed the nearest towel, thinking that maybe a little war may have started between them. All in good fun, of course. She COULD try to do whatever he'd done...even though she would fail miserably.
    Gold star for effort, right?
    But before Katyusha could make an attempt, he was already looking back at her and had asked a question. New Years Eve... What WAS there to do? There were probably celebrations going on everywhere, but did she really want to go out to some wild party? She'd never really been one for crowds like that...things always got...messy. She was more for the simpler things, but maybe she was old fashioned like that. Besides, even though her leg was healing up nicely, there was still the slightest hint of a limp.
    It didn't hurt anymore, though! That was good!
    Fidgeting with the cloth in her hand - remembering that maybe she should at least TRY to look innocent - her thoughts continued on; maybe she should be thinking about doing something BOTH of them would enjoy. She didn't want to drag Matthew to some celebration he didn't WANT to go to and make him suffer through it! No, no! That would be awful!
    It was New Years, they should BOTH be happy!
    Her cheeks heated up again, her blush returning with a vengence, when Katyusha realized she'd remained silent. Honestly, what was with her being so spacey today? She sputtered a little as she tried to find the words to voice herself. Maybe they should go quickly buy a few more New Years preperations? She could always do that herself too, but maybe they didn't have to? Biting her lip quickly, she raced through her thoughts trying to come up with a solution that would suit the both of them.
    "Um...I-I know I DON'T want to go to a huge party...but other than that, I don't really know what I want...so, it's a start?"
    ...Well. That wasn't what she wanted to say. But she'd said it, what was done was done. It wasn't like she was lying, but she hadn't answered his question!

=A=
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:05 am

“Ah...Okay,” Matthew replied, awkwardly looking to the side. So neither of them knew what the wanted to do for tonight… This is what they got for being two individuals with a habit of hedging. He ran a hand through his hair in thought, although he kept one eye trained on Katyusha.
    That’s right, don’t think he didn’t see her pick up that towel!
    “That’s about as far as I’ve gotten to,” he admitted, chuckling self deprecatingly. “Maybe we should start with dinner and go from there.”
    Silence fell of over the kitchen and Matthew shuffled his feet nervously. Rubbing the back of his neck, he looked up at Katyusha. “If I can’t help with the dishes, I’ll, um, I’ll go finish up upstairs then. Just call if you need anything, eh?”
    And with her acknowledgement he blundered his way out the door.
    His face was still flushed with embarrassment as he lugged the vacuum cleaner up the stairs and plugged it in. Why did he have to be such a dork, and where had that sudden burst of Mr. Personality come from? Being more extroverted wasn’t the problem, what was, was his inability to maintain it. Could’ve started a fun little game with her, but no, he had to turn back into a mouse.
    Matthew ran the vacuum back and forth across the carpet absentmindedly. He wasn’t really allowed near the cleaning products (who knew you had to use more than just a rag and hot water? How Katyusha remembered to clean everything with all those products blew his mind) so his jobs usually involved the most mundane tasks, vacuuming, dusting- especially where Katyusha couldn’t reach, carrying boxes of Christmas stuff. Things that wouldn’t give him a brain haemorrhage trying to figure out or cause irrevocable damage to the house (he hadn’t meant to spill that bottle of bleach! It was an accident!).
    By chance he glanced up as he worked around the interior of one of the rooms. It was one he didn’t normally go in, a spare guest suite, so it was surprise to see two French doors that led onto a small balcony. Abandoning his duties, Matthew pressed the pads of his fingers to the glass, shuddering slightly at the cold sensation. The sky was starting to darken, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t appreciate the view. You could probably see the town park from-
    “That’s it!” Matthew breathed, the proverbial light bulb blinking over his head. If they were able to see the park form here then this balcony was the perfect place for them to watch the midnight fireworks celebration! No need to go trekking out into the cold. Problem solved!
    Grabbing the vacuum and finishing the cleaning in record time, Matthew tucked the thing away back in its corner and practically ran down the stairs, skidding to a stop at the bottom.
    Should he tell Katyusha or make it a surprise?

=3=
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:03 am

After Matthew had left the room Katyusha had continued with her little chore, working away at the dishes in a more nit-picky fashion now...and also a bit awkwardly. Her pace was slower. The pair had suddenly gotten awkward and she didn't even know HOW they did, but they did and that was that.
    It was quite the talent they had, really.
    Honestly, they had to figure out SOMETHING to do. Shyness was not an option! ...But that was easier said than done. Supper was a good start, though. Should they use leftovers, or make something new tonight? If they did do something new, what COULD they make? They could just reuse the turkey they'd made and something onto that...
    But would that be OK? Maybe she should ask him about it. One step at a time, right? But what if she was thinking too hard about this?
    That was always possible. She did have the habit of overthinking things which always caused her to panic...
    Like she was now.
    Sighing, she began putting the dishes away and continued to muse over her thoughts. Just as she was done, she heard Matthew coming down the stairs and although she wasn't really paying much attention to it, it kind of sounded like he was going faster than usual...? Perhaps that was just her. She was just about to go meet him when the cloth caught her eye again.
    An idea came to her. A sneaky little idea...
    An idea that was unbecoming of her, one that had simply snuck up on her.
    ...Would she dare?
    "U-Um, Matvey?" He peeked in; good, good, he was there! She had his attention. W-Wait, what am I--- Her subconcious was apparently the boss now because before she knew it she'd walked up to him, pretending to dry off her hands. "Um...what do you want for supper? We could always eat leftovers, i-if that's OK." She nonchalantly swirved around Matthew, pretending to look at the clock in a room afar. She quickly - with what little proffession she had when doing this, which was none - twisted up the cloth, turning sharply and attempting to snap it against the back of his leg.
    Of couse, it failed miserably. Looking up at him with an innocent look, she quickly abandoned her post in the kitchen and scooted around the corner.
    She had dared.

ouo
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 am

“Yeah?” Matthew poked his head around the corner into the kitchen, both curious and glad to catch another glimpse of Katyusha looking so sweet in the kitchen. He wasn’t being sexist! Really! It was just that something about being in a house together and her with a cute little apron on… well, let’s just say that little fantasy was going into the memory bank for further use later.
    Shaking his head slightly trying to focus, Matthew’s stomach gave a rather obnoxious growl when he realized Katyusha was asking him about dinner. They still had some food left over from their Christmas dinner and it would probably be a good idea to finish it before they had to leave to go back to school. He didn’t think the owners of the house would be very happy if they came home to find their refrigerator full of half eaten remnants of a meal. That of course didn’t mean they couldn’t add to it. With his bear like appetite, Matthew knew they’d have to spice up the turkey and what little mashed potatoes they had left with something else.
    “Leftovers sound cool,” he answered. “If you’re… okay… with…” His voice trailed off, head swivelling to follow her as she moved around him. What was Katyusha…
    Something brushed against the material of his pants just above the back of his knee and Matthew looked down. What the-? It took a couple of seconds for the pieces to click together. he saw the cloth in her hand but she wouldn’t… Would she?
    No.
    No she did not.
    He saw the cloth in her hand but she wouldn’t… Would she?
    But the notably doe-eyed expression of innocence was evidence enough.
    Oh. She most definitely had.
    Matthew raised his eyebrows, his expression transforming from a clueless flush to one of dry humour and he knew Katyusha saw so, trying to slip around him and escape.
    Like he was going to let her go after that little attempt.
    Catching her arm, he placed his other hand flat against the wall effectively trapping her on the spot.
    He leaned down, trying to ignore her hypnotically sweet scent and smiled politely, not unlike he normally did. Only this time, there was a playful predatory glint in the violet of his eyes.
    “Well?” he asked slowly. “What was that?”

<w>
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am

Darn! She should've known she wouldn't get away that easily. Matthew and his long limbs were inescapable. He always had her exactly where he wanted her.
    But not this time, oh no! She'd figure out how to get out of this. Besides, the fumes were starting to get to her. A small break wouldn't hurt, right?
    Katyusha looked up at him, putting on her best innocent look, jutting her lower lip. "What was what?" She couldn't fight back the blush that arose on her cheeks from the closeness, and her heart always started pounding when things like this happened.
    None the less, she tried to play along as best as she could.
    With her free hand, she lazily guestured around them, - more blood rushing to her cheeks when she realized she should probably stay still...or there would be unnecessary contact - and spoke, "What's this all about?" A smile was breaking through her facade and eventually she had to break her gaze with him, looking off to the side shyly. After licking her dry lips briefly, she chewed on her bottom lip to hide the laughter that wanted to come out.
    She wasn't used to all of these little 'games' the two of them would find themselves in.
    It wasn't that they weren't fun, it was just...something she still wasn't used to.
    Like his kisses.
    No! No, subconcious! Bad subconcious! Now isn't the time, subconcious!
    Even though her act was probably ruined by her inability to lie with a straight face, she continued. "I-If you're talking about the cloth, I just swung it a little..." As if to back up her statement, she fiddled with the cloth in her hand, swinging it a little in a sad attempt to try and hit Matthew again.
    ...Goodness, what was she doing?! How did they get so close?! How had this even started, even...?
    ...Bubbles to the forehead. This all started with bubbles to the forehead.
    The cleaning products really MUST have gone to her head if she started this...with bubbles to the forehead.
    She fidgeted a little in the spot, 'swaying' somewhat as her eyes met with his again. A few short giggles escaped her and she didn't really realize it at the moment - and if she did, she could hardly care, she was happy! - she'd attempted to move from the wall closer to him, although Matthew's restricting arm kept her from doing so.
    The 'bubbles' thought only made her smile grow and it didn't matter how hard she fought it, it was going to show.
    What else could she do to keep their 'game' going...? What else, what else, indeed...

...Why does this sound so seductive, OTL. I never meant for it to be like that, I swear! xDD;;
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:28 am

“Mhm,” Matthew hummed in mocking agreement, the noise sounding very much like a growling purr. His eyes narrowed amusedly. “Just swinging it a little, eh? I’m sure.”
    The coy twinkle in Katyusha’s eyes sent a thrill sparking through his veins. So she wanted to play, eh?
    Uncurling his fingers from her arm, he placed his palm against the wall. Now he had each hand on either side of her hips, wrists brushing the material of her shirt effectively ending any chance of escape. This behaviour was so unlike him. Where was the shy, quiet, invisible Matthew? The one that blended in with the background, who didn’t provoke much interest?
    Matthew leaned down closer, their noses almost touching. Katyusha’s distinct summer-honey scent and the sensation of her warm breath brushing his face intoxicated his senses, making him feel abruptly light-headed. And from the short bursts of uncontrollable giggles, he didn’t think he was the only one. One side of his mouth tugged upwards in a lopsided grin.
    Vous êtes tellement adorable…” he muttered blatantly, holding back his own chuckle and then without thinking, he ducked low enough to kiss her.
    It was a slow, sensual kiss, heated and passionate. He used his forearms to brace himself against the wall, their bodies pushing together from knee to mouths. Matthew pressed Katyusha back toward the flat wallpapered surface, careful not to crush her but he couldn’t deny the deliciousness of the growing friction.
    She felt so tiny against him, his fingers tracing down her arm and catching the leftover water droplets on the back of her hand before lacing them together. Their kiss was starting to become less subdued and more urgent. Fingers fisted in cloth and at some point the tea towel fell to the floor, landing on one of Matthew’s feet. That light-headed feeling was spread, blood rushing from his head and limbs… and this was starting to cause a very prominent “problem”.
    Not that he wanted to, but Matthew gradually pulled away, panting heavily as he stared into Katyusha’s hazy eyes knowing they were a mirror of his own. He leaned back a little, pulling in a long, shaky breath. Licking his lips, he opened his mouth to speak but closed it again after a moment. What was he supposed to say to Katyusha who looked downright tempting right now, her appearance dishevelled, heart-shaped face flushed, chest rapidly rising and falling as she fought for oxygen, and lips slightly swollen from his administrations.
    Sorry I can’t go any further unless you’re ready to include Mr. Captain Canuck’?
    No, sir.
    He’d like to stay alive, thank you very much. Although Kat didn’t look it, he knew she could smear him into the carpet if she wanted to and he wasn't about to provoke her.
    “Um,” he said awkwardly, voice still breathless. He flushed, cleared his throat and tried again. “S-sorry, I um, I don’t know where that came from…”
    Matthew jammed one hand in his pocket, hoping to hide his dilemma, and readjusted his spectacles noting that the glass was now smeared with blotches from the encounter.
    “I-I have something to show you upstairs-“ no not THAT- “I think I found somewhere where we can spend the night- I mean spend the night watching the fireworks!”
    Blushing beet red, he offered his hand, not sure Katyusha wanted any more physical contact after… that. But together they made their way upstairs with Matthew praying frantically that she didn’t notice his uncomfortable hobbling.

lol I'm sure ;D
    Don't know where this came from...
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:32 am

Well...she hadn't been expecting that. What Katyusha had guessed would happen was that the pair would tease each other a little more, a bit of running around at most, but then they would go back to their own business. They'd go about the day doing what came to them at the moment, waiting for the big midnight countdown.
    But...even though something inside her was telling her that wasn't going to happen, and that the closeness they'd achieved was evidence enough of that...
    She hadn't expected so much...
    Desire.
    Not that she was complaining, because she had instinctually returned the favour. There had been a brief flash of heat across her face from her blush, but it was long forgotten from the moment she'd been pinned against the wall trapped in Matthew's sweet treatment.
    The pressure of his body flush against hers was far too thrilling, and she wasn't just warm from her blushing. The heat spreading throughout her was getting rather uncomfortable, much to her embarrassment, and she tried to focus on the excited chills going down her spine. A tiny moan managed to escape her throat and she made sure that their bodies didn't part for a second during the kiss. Goosebumps sprawled across her skin at the touches from his hand and from the mix of several sensations within her.
    She felt a bit flustered and dizzy, and vunerable...but she also felt passionate and excited over the whole thing.
    If Katyusha had had a clear mind at the moment, she would have wondered if he felt the same.
    There must be something wrong with her...she was perfectly OK with this.
    Maybe it really WAS from all that cleaning.
    She'd just started a clumsy attempt at nipping his bottom lip gently when all of the sudden she was staring into hazy violet eyes. She knew he'd spoken - and she was guessing she looked just as embarrassed as he did - and she'd taken Matthew's hand without really thinking, recalling what he'd just said but hadn't processed. She was still catching her breath.
    Upstairs...? What could be upstairs?
    Sure, she'd been here before, but she hadn't visited all of the rooms in the house. One, she was being polite and figured that she would keep to herself when looking around. And two, she didn't exactly have the spare time to saunter around and look at the interior of homes. She was usually working...
    So, hearing that he had found something was interesting to her. Her curiousity had definitely been perked.
    Katyusha simply allowed him to lead her, but it was on the way there that her blush only increased ten-fold. Reality was coming back to her just as her heart was finally slowing, and reality was coming back with a huge grin on its face saying, 'Hey, guess what, you just made out with Matthew.'
    There was still evidence of dizziness so she looked down at her own feet, squeezing his hand a little. She needed to take a chill-pill and calm DOWN. There was no need for a panic-attack. A panic-attack would probably only make things worse, really. Besides, they were dating. This shouldn't be something new to her. It would probably...happen again...and again...
    She shook her head, trying to get a hold of herself. I-I think I might pass out if this goes on a lot longer...!

Mr. Captain Canuck, LMAO alsdj;al
    Ggghhh, have a panic-attack!Kat. <w>;;;
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm

The air around the pair of them returned to the familiar quiet awkwardness as they made their way upstairs. Matthew ran his hand through his hair again, one side now swept back from his nervous habit.
    What just happened?
    Good question.
    This morning he got busted sleeping in Katyusha’s bed- no matter how innocent the whole thing was- and her response is to want a little space. Fair enough. His reaction? To jump her, pin her against a wall and go to town.
    Nice.
    Well she hadn’t kneed him and told him to screw off, that had to be good sign right? In fact… he distinctly remembered her kissing him back…
    Matthew looked away, resisting the urge to fist pump.
    He led Katyusha around the corner, nearly tripping over the vacuum’s electrical cord he’d forgotten to tuck away. Chuckling anxiously, he showed her into the room and to the pair of elegant white doors. It was hard to see outside with the side table lamp glowing in the corner, the light turning the glass into a mirror. But he didn’t want Katyusha getting too cold, her clothes wouldn’t stand up to the winter air- Gah! Stop staring!
    “You can see down into the town park from here. We’re a bit of a ways away but I think we’ll still be able to see the fireworks,” he said sheepishly, hand automatically reaching around to cup her shoulder. And then he realized what he was doing and yanked it back so fast the back of his hand smashed against the door causing it to rattle loudly. “S-sorry! I- um, anyway, we could grab out jackets and a couple of mugs of hot chocolate and come out here for the count down. If you don’t mind the cold that is?”
    He breathed in the chilly air, shivering slightly but glad to feel the effects slowly calming any… issues from earlier. Plus he liked the cold. Being cooped up in a house all day it was wonderful to feel the familiar sting of winter on his skin. But Matthew chanced a glance at Katyusha and gestured for her to come back inside when he saw her shiver to. He may like freezing temperatures that did not however, mean she liked them to.
    Trying not to notice the way the cold had highlighted the adorable red in her cheeks (Stay down, Captain! Stay down!), he shrugged one shoulder nonchalantly, prepared in case Katyusha said no. “So… what do you think?”

blahhh...
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 am

Katyusha took her time in looking around at the room and the balcony, listening to Matthew's explaination while the gears in her head started spinning again.
    This must be a guest room, but she was a little surprised at how...NICE it was. The view was certainly something, too. It wasn't a balcony in Paris, but it was nice considering the area the house was in. The street lights were lit as the area became darker, leaving the dim reminents of sunlight and spots of man-made light.
    It really was nice, and she'd had no idea that there was something like this. She would have to compliment her friend on this...
    Turning to him with a small smile, blush still evident, she answered, "I'm OK with it. It's nice! I didn't think there was a room like this...ah, b-but are you OK with it?" She couldn't hold his gaze for long and looked off to the side shyly, rubbing the back of her neck. She quickly looked back up, noticing his uneven hair. Her hand moved to fix it, but she immidiately snapped it back to her side, chewing on her lip.
    Things had gotten awkward again... It wasn't that the cuddling or the kisses were BAD, it was just... Her bubble wasn't quite used to allowing that kind of stuff in. And with the bed incident this morning, her heart was on overdrive ever since.
    She knew that she should be setting boundaries, FIRMLY. But...could she really help wanting just a little more?
    "U-Um, I can go get a few things ready, if you want..." She didn't mind having a few more chores to do, it kept her mind busy anyways. It didn't make her feel like a slave or anything. She WAS the kind of person who worked too hard for their own good...
    Wait, she was supposed to be relaxing! No chores!
    But she didn't want to be a bother, she didn't want to impose---
    She shifted from one foot to the other, meeting Matthew's gaze once again. What had happened? Just a moment ago, they'd been in the most passionate moment she'd experienced yet...
    What should I do now...?

*dies*
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02 am

“I’ll help,” Matthew said, his hands resting at his sides beginning to play with the hem of his shirt. That numb sensation of insecurity started to creep back into the pit of his stomach. It was proper manners to help with things around the house, chores, maintenance, meals- not that he was simply doing these things because he wanted to look like a gentleman. Every little bit he did was one less thing for Katyusha to deal with and that was always a plus in his books. He liked knowing that he was helping to shoulder her massive amount of responsibilities. She didn’t deserve to deal with so much.
    However, there was always a shadow in the back of his mind telling him that no matter how much he did, no matter how early he woke up to get the harder jobs done before Kat could get to them, that it wasn’t enough. It was never enough. There was still that undeniable gap between them. It was a race of experience, and though Matthew would never admit it, it wounded his pride to know full well that Katyusha was miles ahead of him.
    Blinking rapidly for a second, he shoved aside his darker musings to focus back on the present and back on Katyusha’s porcelain face. He almost ran his hand through his hair yet again, but caught a glimpse of himself in the reflecting glass and instead tousled his flattened hair so it more or less fell back into place.
    Matthew puffed a strangled laugh that hung awkwardly in the air between them for a moment, ruffling the back of his head. “How about we start with dinner? We’ve got lots of time until midnight so there’s no rush. Did you have anything in mind that you wanted to eat? We could turn the leftovers into sandwiches, or maybe a casserole- we’ll just have to add corn. Though I don’t know if we have any… meatloaf’s always an option…”
    He glanced up into her eyes with a gesture that said ‘and that’s the end of my leftover expertise’. Those options were what his family did with extra food, meaning that usually somebody else made the stuff and he just sat at the table and gorged himself on it. But it couldn’t be that hard right? Unless of course Katyusha had something else in mind. Honestly, what he wouldn’t give to taste more of her delicious home cooking…
    Jabbing a thumb over his shoulder at the hall, he took her hand automatically and they headed back downstairs into the kitchen. It wasn’t until Matthew reached for the fridge, needing both hands, that he realized their fingers were laced. It startled him how natural it felt to have her soft, slender fingers threaded around his rough, calloused ones.
    But hand holding is what couples were supposed to do right? At least that’s what he thought. He wasn’t quite sure with Katyusha. Do nothing this morning: get in serious trouble. Ravish her against a wall: A-OK.
    Girls were so confusing.
    Turning to face her he smiled, at her disposal. “So…?”

<w>
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:22 am

Katyusha sputtered for words for a moment, looking at the fridge then back up at Matthew. "U-Um, sandwhiches are good. I-I could make some soup too, if you want. I don't know if all the ingredients are here, but we could always have something simple, too." Well, they at least had one thing down. Sandwhiches first, then they'd think about other stuff later.
    The two fell into an easy pace, moving about the kitchen. Their tasks were generally easy, and it didn't take long for them to have everything set out and in action. Two hands are better than one, after all. ...It was weird. She didn't feel as tense now that she had her hands busy again. That was probably a bad thing, but oh well. There were those moments where Katyusha would bump into him, blush, and apologize quickly so maybe their awkwardness wasn't completely gone.
    They still had a lot of time to kill...what were they going to do until then?
    Hm...if they did make a soup to go along with it, maybe they should warm up their sandwhiches when it was ready? A nice hot meal with some hot chocolate would be very nice.
    Ah, but would they spoil if they did that? Maybe they should just stay cool...
    Besides, what kind of soup would go good with turkey sandwhiches? Some borsch would be lovely on an evening like this, but would it go well? Mixing up different kinds of foods wasn't always a good thing.
    ...Why was she thinking so hard about this? It was just food.
    Was she honestly overthinking everything INCLUDING food?
    Really?
    Honestly, she must be crazy!
    She got out a couple of mugs for the each of them, pausing in her work to look over at Matthew. Hesitating for a split second, she spoke, setting down the mugs on the countertop, "Is there anything else you want?" Maybe now was her chance to ask about any soups or anything else that the pair wanted for dinner. It didn't need to be a 5 star, 5 course meal, not at all! But spicing things up a little wouldn't hurt, right?
    Even if they just stuck with sandwhiches, at least they wouldn't be super bland. That was always a plus.

This post cannot get any crappier, I'm sorry. QAQ *dies*
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:42 am

It was striking how synchronized they were, moving and adjusting to each other’s movements without thinking. Amazing what a couple weeks of alone time could do. Although, just because they could work in perfect harmony didn’t mean Matthew meant to.
    Every so often he’d fake a stumble or hesitate too long before stepping aside to let Katyusha by purposely causing their sides to bump together or arms to brush. He always apologized profusely of course, whipping out the puppy eyes and mumbling self-deprecatingly at how clumsy he was.
    Sure, he knew the rules of gentlemanly behaviour… but that didn’t mean he couldn’t act like a sneak sometimes too.
    A mature tactic? Definitely not.
    Was he about to stop?
    Hell no.
    Not when he could feel the heat of her skin teasing him through the material of her clothes, or when the images of earlier kept replaying before his minds eye. Remembering Katyusha’s taste… and her luscious scent….
    Matthew’s mouth began to water but it wasn’t because of the food.
    “Borsch?” Matthew asked curiously, peeking over her shoulder. He heard her murmur the word under his breath as she set the sandwiches out on a plate. “That’s a soup, right?” His gaze rolled up to the ceiling in thought. “Made with… beets?”
    Beets. Ew.
    He hid a grimace, deciding to put his trust in Katyusha’s almighty cooking skills. Of course there was one issue stopping them. There were no fresh beets. Maybe it was a sign? He thought hopefully. But Matthew went poking around the pantry and inevitably found something to prove him wrong.
    It wasn’t fresh beets but it close.
    “Does canned beets work?” he asked, peeking his head out of the pantry and holding out the metal can for approval. Katyusha knew about this stuff far better than he did. Wrinkling his nose slightly as he gave it over to and a quick check through a recipe book gave them the go ahead. Standing beside Katyusha with the can opener, Matthew resigned himself to his fate. Well, best keep an open mind. Who knows, maybe he'll like it.
    Of course with his lack of knowledge of all things cooking, he didn’t realize just how bad beets stained until the tips of his fingers were painted a deep red colour, and the more he tried to scrub the dye away the worse it got. He had it all over his palms when he finally gave up, looking beseechingly down at Katyusha, eyes pleading for help. How was he supposed to know he was supposed to be wearing kitchen gloves when dealing with these evil little things?!
    The last thing he wanted was to cover the kitchen in this heinous stuff especially since it wasn’t his kitchen, and he couldn’t use the towels because he was sure the owners wouldn’t appreciate coming back to find their laundry oddly pink.
    Holding his hands up like a sterile doctor about to go into surgery, he spun in a circle, searching around the kitchen for some sort of answer. Finding none, he turned back to her helplessly, unable to push up his glasses balancing precariously at the end of his nose.
    “What do I do?” he asked quietly, sounding very much like a powerless little kid.

o3o
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 am

She'd set herself to the chore of chopping and peeling some vegetables, after actually gathering them of course, and was attempting to mentally calculate the measurements. Katyusha knew the recipe, sure, but it took more brain power to get the measurements right; they didn't have as much of everything, so all of the other ingredients would have to be adjusted too.
    A small serving of soup wouldn't be bad, they still had their sandwiches to eat as well.
    And she'd been about to turn to Matthew to direct him to the next step when she noticed his...flailing. She had to force herself not to laugh outloud at the sight of his red hands and desperate face, but her smile definitely couldn't be helped.
    "Let me help you," A small giggle escaped her amid the words as she motioned him over to the sink, turning to quickly grab some salt. Turning on some cold water, she allowed him to wash his hands and couldn't help another short laugh at the look on his face.
    Eventually pulling his hands out from beneath the water, Katyusha sprinkled salt onto his palms and, holding one of his hands with her own, began rubbing in a circular motion.
    She was more focused on his hand than what she was DOING, so at the moment it didn't seem like anything unusual.
    "It helps get rid of the colour...and then you just have to wash your hands again with dish washing liquid. O-Oh, and repeat it if you have to. Easy, right?" She looked up at Matthew with a small smile, continuing her little cycle for who knows how long. But she DID realize somewhere along the way and pulled her hand back abruptly, nearly knocking the salt right off the counter top. "I-I-I'm sorry! Y-You can do this yourself, I'm sorry! I---s-sorry, I'll just...go...I...um..."
    Her words trailed off and she fumbled for words for a moment, before turning back to the task she'd first started.
    That...had been embarrassing. And quite odd, really.
    Apparently her personality was just ALL OVER the charts today.
    WHAT are you DOING, Katya?! He isn't a child, so don't treat him like one! Use your brain when you HAVE to!
    The pair eventually got things done and prepared, with only a few more little mishaps, - it had been a while since she'd worked with hot oil, so in the beginning of cooking she'd gotten a small little burn - but they did get it done. Soon enough, the timer was on and all they had to do now was play the waiting game.
    ...But what could they do?
    Katyusha went through her mental checklist of getting the sandwhiches in the fridge for now and preparing the balcony for themselves, but...
    What could THEY do?
    She chewed her lip absentmindedly, eyes meeting with Matthew's again by chance.

ouo
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 am

Matthew watched wide-eyed in a stupefied awe as she worked.
    Salt to get rid of beet stains? How did she know these things?!
    He looked practically hypnotized as the deep reddish colour began to fade from his skin. Of course, his bewildered expression was mostly due to Katyusha’s gentle ministrations on his hands. Her soft but firm fingertips pressed into his palms, scrubbing with the salt and warm water… it was hard not to let his mind dive straight into the gutter no matter how much it wanted to. It was a losing battle, and Matthew was quickly slipping into a blithe, smutty limbo when Katyusha shot back suddenly making him jump to.
    He stared at her for a moment. “Are you okay?”
    Katyusha didn’t seem to hear him, turning back to her work, heart shaped face bright red with a cute crease forming between her brows in frustration. Ripping off a piece of paper towel and drying off his hands, Matthew leaned against the counter, studying her seriously. Just when he thought they were taking a step forward, they’d suddenly stumble two steps back. He didn’t want to rush things- slow was good!- but… he’d be lying if he didn’t admit that this hot and cold thing was starting to trod on his nerves. All she was doing was showing him how to get the stain off. It wasn’t like they were doing anything inappropriate, a little embarrassing sure but not bad. Throwing out the used paper towel, Matthew inhaled deeply and went to help with the rest of the food.
    It wasn’t long until they had the soup cooking and everything else prepared. He’d nearly had a heart attack when Katyusha burned herself, scrambling to find some ice and a bandage. Much to Katyusha’s annoyance, he took over the oil part after that, listening to her instructions but none too stealthily keeping her at least two feet away from the stove.
    Chivalry wasn’t completely dead.
    Matthew checked her burns again while they waited for the food. “Are you sure you’re all right? Is it hurting?- Well of course it is- Sorry, I’m being an idiot,” he babbled, unable to decide whether to fidget with his t-shirt or rub insistently at the faint shadows still clinging to his palms.
    The kitchen atmosphere vaulted to a new level of awkward and Matthew found himself playing with the knob of a drawer.
    He was just worrying about her, maybe being a little over protective, but that was something a boyfriend was supposed to do right? Did Katyusha find his actions clingy-? Perhaps that's why she was on again off again towards their relationships physical aspect.
    Stop acting like such a girl! You're a grown man. So she doesn't like being touched, suck it up buddy!
    “Oh,” Matthew mumbled, surprised. He’d pulled the drawer open by accident and a flash of white and red had caught his eye. Pulling out the object, a small bashful smile turned up the corner of his mouth. A deck of cards. Well, at least it would give them something to do.
    Turning to Katyusha, he gestured with a slight challenge. “So… do you play poker?”

eue
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:59 am

Oil burns definitely weren't the nicest things so her little burn wasn't exactly the greatest thing ever, but she could always have worse. Fiddling a little with the bandage Matthew had gotten for her, Katyusha glanced out the window. He was really worried about it... It wasn't fun to deal with, but she didn't want to worry him. Although, she'd already failed at that. His blubbering was proof of that.
    But honestly, she was still mentally stuck at the whole beet stains incident. She hadn't meant to get so motherly and...touchy. It was that touching wasn't good, it was just...embarrassing.
    She never had any idea what to do with herself.
    Sometimes she would think of just stopping thinking all together and do what felt right, but that could get...out of hand, so to speak.
    Why did she have to be so awkward?!
    Katyusha glanced around at the kitchen, fidgeting more with her bandage. Things would have to be tidied up a little, but that wouldn't take too long.
    It was strange...the tension between them had grown and she felt the need to take a breather. Doing what, she didn't know. Anything to get rid of the tension!
    Panic was starting to rise up in her. She'd done something wrong, hadn't she?! Rubbing his hands like that had been the wrong thing to do, she should've just shown him what to do! This was her fault---
    Matthew's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and her head perked up, blinking, eyes looking at the deck of cards in his palm. Poker? She'd heard people talk about it before, but it wasn't something she knew how to do.
    But...wait...
    "I don't play it, but...isn't that the game...where..." Her cheeks were getting redder and redder by the second, making it harder for her to just spit it out. Even though her voice had gotten very quiet, Katyusha continued in her now tiny voice, "Where you...take off your clothes...?" She didn't know how she was still able to meet his gaze or if he could even hear her at this point, but she DID know that the sudden heat under the collar of her shirt was making her squirm in the slightest.
    Maybe she was mistaken with some other game. Yes, that must be it. Matthew wouldn't suggest something like that just out of the blue, and so casually too. That wasn't like him. She at least wouldn't be the only one blushing, but by now there were definitely two red faces here.
    ...Would he? He'd been a little...unpredictable. Was that the right word?
    No! Don't think of him like that, he wouldn't---!
    She tried to stop herself from fiddling with her bandage anymore. Honestly, it would come off if she did anymore!

~eue~ Hee~
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 am

Wh… wh…wha…?
    WHAT?
    Matthew stared at her unseeingly.
    His mind was fried, unable to compute the sudden barrage of mental images. He could feel the heat rush up from the collar of his shirt, crawling up his neck and betraying him by turning his ears bright red. Eyebrows shot straight up towards his hairline and his expression probably resembled that of a deer in headlights.
    In his head he could see Katyusha chewing her bottom lip, eyelids heavy and skin deliciously flushed, wearing nothing but a handful of playing cards and spare pieces of lingerie. Mmmred with white lace accents hugging all her sultry curves...
    The Captain enjoyed that image a little too much.
    Sidestepping behind the edge of the counter, Matthew felt his brain trying to reconnect with his mouth to answer. A lewd, mischievous side of him wanted to answer ‘Yes’ just to see her reaction and perhaps more than a little curious as to what her answer would be.
    Of course, he’d already spent what confidence he had on… earlier. He had no hope of being that bold again. At least not today anyway.
    “U-uh, n-n-no…” he sputtered, the deck of cards in his hand feeling suddenly very dirty. “T-that’s ‘strip-poker’. I, um, I meant regular poker. B-but maybe we should play something else…” All the blood surging to his head- (both of them)- was making him dizzy. He spoke, voice giving an embarrassing squeak. “Fancy a game of go fish?”
    With the food well under way, they pulled up a couple of chairs from the from the table, turning them so they face one another. Matthew shuffled the cards and delt them out, setting the rest on the tabletop. Smiling, he gave a challenging tip of his head, and like the gentleman he was he let her go first.
    They were pretty evenly matched. Talking back and forth as they played, teasing lightly and laughing.
    Matthew bit his bottom lip smothering a smirk. He was sure he was about to win and a dangerous thought flitted through by his mind. They only had a couple minutes left before their food finished…
    “Want to make this interesting?” he asked innocently. “Say… winner gets one request?”
    He felt like some sort of evil mastermind- cliché as his idea was. Still, it was sneaky. Could it lead to something … like perhaps making out? Or, it could be nothing more than asking her to be sitting down and relaxing. If Katyusha were about to slap him if he tried to kiss her, he’d ask her to take a break while he cleaned up the dishes, or if she was a little more open…
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Katyusha/Ukraine
    Innocent Crybaby
    Innocent Crybaby

Post by Katyusha/Ukraine Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 am

Strip poker...?
    There were different KINDS of poker?
    But why on earth would people play...strip...poker?
    Was it a drinking game or something...?
    There were too many questions going through Katyusha's head but they were easy to forget, seeing that her embarrasment was the only thing really showing. To tell the truth, her mind had been full of nothing but the idea of "strip poker" as Matthew had called it, and it was downright embarrassing. Honestly, she didn't think that her face could get any redder.
    But by some miracle, it had.
    But still, he hadn't meant THAT version...that was a relief. Now if only she could stop blushing so much and actually start thinking again. That would be really nice.
    Even after time passed and they were focused on their game, there was still a hint of a blush lingering. Just calm down, nothing's going to happen...nothing will happen.
    She had just began to lay down a new pair when Matthew spoke up with his suggestion, and she merely blinked curiously for a moment. "A request? What kind of request?" She tilted her head a little, feeling a little like a child. What was he thinking of? She was so curious, it was childish of her but...she couldn't help it! Katyusha quickly returned to the game for a moment, drawing a card at her momentary loss then looking back up at him.
    A request...any request? Anything at all...?
    Her subconcious was spouting ideas for requests - most of which were making her blush return and she would RATHER not repeat outloud - and she tried to keep a clear head. They were supposed to be PAST that little...fiasco.
    Her thoughts dissapeared for a moment when she realized she could play another pair and only had one card left, leaving her trying not to grin too wide. Matthew was doing just as well, but...it was a race to the finish, that was for sure!
    But the "requests" idea...it sounded interesting. Why not give it a shot? This was her time to relax after all... Chewing on her lip for a second, she nodded in approval, wondering if this was going to be something she'd regret.
    Their game continued with a few more teases in between, when she found that the card she was holding was suddenly in Matthew's hand and she was cardless. Letting out a disbelieving puff of laughter, she leaned back in her chair and stared at him for a second. Well...she'd lost. It had been close, it had been so close! Close but no cigar.
    She fidgeted with the hem of her shirt subconciously, turning her head when the timer went off in the kitchen and automatically standing up to get it. Their food was ready, but now she had to do one tiny little favour for Matthew...
    What would it be?

This is so OOC, fla;sjd;l ;A;
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Matthew Williams/Canada
    Captain Canuck
    Captain Canuck

Post by Matthew Williams/Canada Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:46 am

It took a lot for Matthew to restrain himself from rubbing his hands together and laughing maniacally like some kind of evil genius. He was the victor. He’d shrugged noncommittally at Katyusha’s question, mind already filling itself with ideas of when and how he’d call his favour. He’d have to save it until later… On the outside of course he smiled bashfully, collecting the cards and putting them away just as the timer went off.
    “Good game,” he said sheepishly, stepping beside Katyusha to help. “We’ll have to play again soon.”
    His hand moved on its own, naturally, reaching to cup the warm small of her back. He pulled away almost instantly, flushing badly as he apologized. It made him both embarrassed and deliriously happy at how his actions now revolved around her. Still he knew he was walking a fine line. One touch too much and Katyusha could turn around and belt him. He had to add though- with a small amount of smugness- that it would be a hit he’d gladly take if it meant getting just a brief brushing touch.
    He assisted Katyusha by retrieving a couple of bowls from the cupboard and the utensils, and then grabbing the sandwiches to. Over the top of his glasses, Matthew found himself studying her back as she was busily working over the stove, the barely visible hourglass shape of her waist through the fold of her shirt, the tiny protruding bumps of her shoulder blades, and his eyes lingered longer than they should have on the allure of her slender ivory neck.
    Swallowing uneasily, Matthew pried his gaze away, focusing on setting up the rest of their dinner settings.
    “Come, sit” he gestured, pulling out a chair for her. “I’ll get the rest.”
    After he’d gathered everything together, remembering the napkins and making sure the paper towel roll was close at hand in case he had another beet induced accident, he took his own seat, flickering Katyusha a shy smile. “Let’s eat then.”
    It surprised him that despite his immediate opposition to borsch he found himself biting back a contented hum. He felt slightly ashamed for not completely trusting in Katyusha. He didn’t know how he was going to go back to cafeteria food, not after tasting her home cooking.
    “This is really good!” Matthew praised, voice earnest and his heart fluttering at the pink tint beginning to colour the apples of her cheeks.
    She looked a hundred- no, a million times more beautiful than any other woman he’d ever set eyes on, just sitting there across the table from him. They’d left the larger kitchen lights off and only the warm yellow glow from a bulb in the overhead above the stove was left giving the large kitchen a much more intimate mood. It cast cryptic shadows across the curves of Katyusha’s face, making the bright cerulean of her irises shimmer bewitchingly.
    They chatted animatedly, laughing and telling stories. However, despite the light, comfortable atmosphere, Matthew couldn’t ignore the underlying melancholy.
    This would be one of the last peaceful dinners they’d have alone.
    They had mere days until school reconvened meaning that once again they’d be only catching glimpses of each other between classes, studying and work. Not that he’d considered their stay here in the house a “honeymoon” (because that would be girly and very unmanly- which he wasn't. At all.) but as he watched Katyusha giggle over a funny memory that he realized just what the saying “The honeymoon’s over” meant and the miserable emotions that went with it. Matthew tried not to let them show on his face.
    Together they sat and talked long after they finished eating and only after Katyusha moved to wash the all the dishes by herself did Matthew finally relinquish the private bubble they’d unconsciously created, standing and carrying all that he could to the sink. Katyusha washed and Matthew dried, putting the bowls and cooking pots away. When the dishes were finished, they turned to general tidying up, at one point turning on a radio to listen to the celebrations already going on in places time zones ahead. Closer and closer midnight crept and Matthew kept an eye covertly trained on clock. Their early morning was taking his toll, but he pushed up his glasses and almost shot to the front closet when the time finally came.
    Smiling, he held open Katyusha’s jacket, offering a toque and a pair of mittens.
    “Ready?” he asked.

sdfsdhklh <_>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:44 am